Congratulations

Congratulations and best wishes to Welsh SOTA Association Manager and prolific activator Roger MW0IDX, and XYL Sue, now the proud parents of a baby daughter Emma Caitlyn. Roger spoke to me on 2m while I was ascending Foel Fenlli yesterday, and assures me that he will begin teaching baby Emma the Foundation course in the next few weeks.

Sixteen years of being a dad seems to have passed rather quickly for me Roger - don’t blink!

Congrats again, and all the best to your family. Enjoy. (And don’t forget the DX opportunities when you find yourself sat up with a baby in your arms between 0330 and 0400 in a morning - I did some of my best SWL DX like that when Jimmy was a baby!).

Tom M1EYP

Congratulations Roger and Sue, and welcome to Emma Caitlyn.

Health and happiness to all.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to M1EYP:
Congratulations Roger…

And don’t forget the DX opportunities when you find yourself sat up with a baby in your arms between 0330 and 0400 in a morning…

I found that 40m RTTY in the early hours encouraged a sleeping baby… :slight_smile:

Enjoy… Marc G0AZS

I found that 40m RTTY in the early hours encouraged a sleeping baby…

…to wake up?

Tom

In reply to M1EYP:
No… RTTY seems to be strangely soothing… well it was to my daughter anyway :slight_smile:

Try it Roger… Marc G0AZS

In reply to M1EYP:
Thanks to the good wishes both on and off this reflector. Emma was born on Saturday afternoon. Sue and I are “over the moon”. I keep telling myself that it will be a good chance to do some early morning chasing DX/SOTA on the bands but haven’t had the energy or enough sleep yet hi!

Vy 73
Roger MW0IDX ZZZzzzzz…

In reply to MW0IDX:
Congratulations to you & Sue on your new arrival - I’m still waiting for my October grandchild he/she is due any day now !

73 & best regards to you both

Graham G3OHC