Congratulations to F8DGF

First French Shack Sloth. Thanks for all the CW contacts!

Richard
G3CWI

Bravo Nicolas !

To the Management Team it also raises a wider issue. Now that SOTA is spreading to more and more countries, perhaps we need to consider an easier system of payment for certificate and trophy claims. Providing a cheque drawn on a UK bank is not an easy task, and the costs involved in obtaining a bank draft or something similar are out of all proportion to the generally fairly small remittances. Other organisations use PayPal, or something similar. Perhaps we could investigate its potential for SOTA.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

Les

Check out the awards page - we have had paypal payments available for nearly 2 years!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Also Gratulations to Nicolas , F8DGF. Hope see him on the next summits agn in my log.F8DGF worked me in the last 12months on 40summits. who is the next shack-slot ? :wink: sota is growing very fast in the moment.in the moment i build big antennas but that´s not the only reason my qso-rate is growing also fast.think sota becomming more and more fans,hi. from February to december 2006 i made 2011 sota-qso´s . since january 2007 till now i made more as the half from 2006 = the last 36 summits this year 1176 qso´s . the only minus is , i must plan more time for each summit :wink: and the times like in summer 2006 i can activate 5 or 6 summits …mmhhhhhh… only possible with 2 watt and mobile antenna in cw only this year ;-)…vy 73 Klaus DF2GN

for info : Today i check my log and see who is the no. 1 chaser in my activations. Roy G4SSH with 174 ! Qso´s in my Sota.log.thanks roy for worked me on most summits and for the super-spoting of my qsy-qrg´s

In reply to DF2GN:
Congratulations also Nicolas from Graham G4JZF

In reply to G3CWI:

Check out the awards page - we have had paypal payments available for
nearly 2 years!

How did I miss that? Thanks Richard!

73 de Les