Congratulations MM0YCJ 8X Mountain Goat!

Congratulations Colwyn on achieving 8x Mountain Goat and with 100% unques! Not sure the exact date of your 8th Goatdom, I only just noticed. I see you are now on 8207 points and 1340 activations. Brilliant well done. At this rate it won’t be long to your next Goatdom!

Adrian
MM0DHY

27 Likes

What an amazing achievement Colwyn. Well done indeed. Doing Uniques is not easy… new challenges each time. Always a pleasure to work you on the bands, wherever you appear from!

73, Gerald

1 Like

Well done Colwyn :goat:x8. Good to get you in both my chaser and activator logs on so many occasions.

73 Allan

Well done Colwyn. And indeed there is still life in that far travelled ‘old’ Goat - hi!

Jack(;>J

Well done to Colwyn! Amazing achievement with all unique.Thanks for the contacts, points and uniques in my Chaser log.
Rod
Not hearing anything this morning, alas.

1 Like

Well done Colwyn,I look forward to the next Summit to Summit

Hi,

Thanks Adrian, I note that you are very close to your next Goatdom.

I achieved my 8th Mountain Goat on 11th March after a successful activation of a 4-pointer near Loch Arkaig (GM/WS-207). It took about 18 months gestation for this latest goat to finally appear.

Highlights of number eight ‘goat’ were the trip to La Reunion in the Indian Ocean and the very fine SOTA summits the island has to offer, as well being a great place to visit anyway. Maderia was also a great trip. Then there were the two St Kilda islands, Soay and Boreray which I thought would never be activated owing to the need for calm sea conditions. Japan earlier this year was also good, but mainly for the superb powder skiing, the SOTA activity was really a bonus.

Currently driving across Germany on our way back home after skiing in the Alps this season, we even had more snow last night, it was cold!!! SOTA has been productive and generous with another 200 points to date, despite the cold.

I need to thank all of the many, many chasers who have made it possible and the S-2-S contacts. Thanks to all of you for saving me from spending any more time on some remote and chilly summits!

Thanks also to Ann my wife, I could not have done it without her.

Having ticked all of the Scottish 10, 8 and 6 pointers, the target now is all of the GM 4-pointers; what then? Well, The World awaits!

8 Likes

Hi Colwyn, MM0YCJ,

8x MG, all uniques! Very well done! FB indeed!

Andy, N4LAG

3 Likes

Great Big Congrats, Colwyn!

1 Like

Thanks Gerald,

Always good to hear you.

Yes, uniques are a mixed blessing / rod for your own back?

Nice not to go back to the dull ones, and for the good ones there is no need carry a radio etc. up them again.

However, I now find it is a long way to get to the next unique summit.

3 Likes

Thanks Allan, look forward to the next one.

1 Like

Thanks Jack,

I was going to take issue with your ‘old goat’ comment, but in reality I cannot deny your very accurate chartacterisation!

Best wishes

Dedication indeed Colwyn! Congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks Rod,

Look forward to the next one.

Well done Colwyn. G.O.A.T. :scotland:

For those that need a little help with modernish slang :grinning::-

G.O.A.T." is an acronym used to call someone or something the “greatest of all time ,” according to Dictionary.com

1 Like

Thanks Jim,

Congratulations to you again on your own goatdom.

Until the next one.

Thanks Andy,

With eight I could start a tug-of- war team!

Hi Fraser,

A new acronym and quite an accolade, thanks for that. However maybe the first definition in the dictionary link you gave is a better fit, “… an agile, hollow-horned ruminant …”

Ciao

2 Likes

Indeed Colwyn. To bag GM/CS-017 and CS-107 stopping at Perth overnight accrued almost 1,000 miles from here in Middle England. Economically it makes more sense to have a week away, but I’ve not managed to arrange that for some time. Having Paul G4MD, my partner in crime, out of action hasn’t helped. We once polished off 20 summits in a week. :grinning:

73, Gerald

2 Likes

Congratulations Colwyn, on achieving 8x Mountain Goat! With 100% uniques! You are Unique! Thanks for dedication!

2 Likes