Confirming SOTA contact

Is there a way that I can check via the SOTA database, that an Activator has my call in his Logbook? (besides sending an email to confirm)

Richard G4TPJ

1 Like

Yes, you can view the activator’s log.

My 56th birthday SOTA celebration

See the last post on this thread which mentions you Richard.

73 Victor GI4ONL

But make sure you are logged into the database Richard, otherwise, the show log option isn’t there.

This is how I do it - there may be a quicker way:

1. Activator Roll of honour:

1. Select the association and press show:

1. Scroll down the list until you find the activator and in the “View log” column - click on view and you will be rewarded with a screen something like this:

1. now in the “show log” column, click on the “show log” text for the activation that you are interested in and you should see something like this:

1. Scroll down the list and see if the activator has logged your contact.

Of course, you can’t do this until the activator enters his log into the database so give him enough time to do that. This can be a variable depending upon the activator - I try to get my logs entered within a day or two of the activation, others may be quicker or slower.

If you are not sure or if you find a call sign similar to yours at the time that you think you worked the activator, send the activator a polite PM on this reflector or an email if you can find his or her email address but don’t post something to the normal reflector list.

73 Ed.

2 Likes

Or search for the activator on sotl.as and check the QSO button at the respective day/summit.
SOTLAS

(You need to be logged in with your database/sotawatch account)

But in general. If you think the QSO did not happen (with all details exchanged) why would you claim points for it?

Thank you for the contact today Richard @G4TPJ :wave: :slight_smile:
Log uploaded.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Hello Joe @OE5JFE,

I guess he is only interested in confirmation. For some QSO’s I make as a chaser with my small qrp station, I also always check the logs and I am happy when the QSO is in the database. Like a paper QSL, only digital… somehow… :slight_smile:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

Hi Marcel,

I am fully aware of this not unusual situation that in QRM or QSB situation one seeks for confirmation. I just wanted to point out that when in doubt - and no way to confirm it - then it did not happen.

But all good and case closed :slight_smile:
73 de Joe

2 Likes