CHRIS KG6CIH MOUNTAIN GOAT!

Chris KG6CIH has reached over 1000 Activator points during his current SOTA trip to Arizona to become a Mountain Goat! Chris is a very active SOTA operator whom I have had the pleasure to hike and activate with. Since attending the W1 Campout in July 2019, Chris has accumulated over 150 Activator points. He has activated over 160 summits in several SOTA Associations and Regions and has an “average point per expedition” of 6 including over 70 Bonus points! CONGRATULATIONS Chris! Bob AC1Z

10 Likes

Congratulations Chris!

Chris, Big congrats on your FB MG achievement. Keep up the great work!

73, Woody/K1LB

Congratulation on MG Chris, it’s always nice to work you.
Gary K3TCU

Congrats Chris, welcome to the herd, and BAAA!
Nice sigs into S. AZ from Webb Peak.
Best, Ken

Nice Job Chris! Glad I was able to make contact on your MG activation yesterday.

:beers:

-Josh

Congratulations Chris! My MG day also included Webb Peak, what a great choice. Hope your AZ SOTA trip has been a lot of fun.

Keith KR7RK

Congratuations Chris on achieving MG. Thanks for all the QSO’s along the way.

73 Rich N4EX

Congratulations Chris! Always a pleasure working you on the summits. MG!!!
Great achievement. Keep it up!
72/73
de John Paul // AB4PP

Congratulations Chris on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congratulations Chris and welocome to the herd!!!

BAAA!

Lee N7LP

Hey everyone, thanks! This is the first chance I’ve had to respond since I was in Arizona all the past week. It’s been fun getting to mountain goat and taking a week-long trip to grab a whole bunch of summits was a great way to finish it off. Webb Peak was a great one to finish on, though I think I would have preferred Heliograph - more stuff on top, but much better views.

I’d especially like to thank everyone who worked me over the past week with my admittedly pretty poor CW skills. I can copy call signs and signal reports just fine, but once people start getting a little chatty, I quickly get lost. I’m thinking about signing up for CW academy next year to get better at it.

Anyway, I don’t know what my next SOTA goal will be. Maybe I’ll try to do some longer distance microwave contacts, or work on uniques, or just keep trying to stack the activator points up.

Well done Chris!
Scott kw4jm

Congratulations Chris. Happy for your accomplishment . Thanks for the sota qso’s. 73 de Scotty

Way to go Chris! C U on the bands some more!
John, K6YK

Hey Chris, here is a special message for you:

@KG6CIH - QRZ address good?

-Josh

P.S. I highly recommend CW Academy. I took the level II class last year, it was great!

That is really cool! What printer did you use? I’ll have to listen to the video after work and try to copy it. You’re definitely a little fast for me there.

Yeah, the address on QRZ is good. Apparently, CW academy fills up pretty quickly. I might have already missed my chance.

Hi Chris,

Yes, the speed is intended to push you a little bit =)

Printed on an Ender 3 Pro. Original design by OK1IAK. I used OK1CDJ’s version (files on Thingiverse). I’ve made a few tweaks to it myself. It’s got two small bearings and uses magnets for the repelling force.

I enjoy making these for friends. The thought of them going on to summits all over the place makes me happy =)

Will drop it in the mail to you.

-Josh WU7H