Chaser Database Scores Updated

As I mentioned in the monthly news, the chaser database was showing incorrect scores for some summits (mainly W5). The W5 summits were rebanded when the association was split into 4 to give a better spread of values for each association. The downside apart from changing summit refs was that chases already entered were not automatically updated when the summit points value changes. Any chases entered after the summit update will have been score using the correct new value.

Yesterday afternoon and evening I ran the scripts that recalculate every chase in the database. All 860000+ of them have been rerun and your chaser score should now accurately reflect the summits you have worked. Apart from W5 changes there were some VE2 changes lurking and some chases of DM/HE-040 were scored wrong. I can see no evidence that this update has not worked as desired and I’ve got a full audit log of every chase that has been changed. This means that the changes can be undone in the event that something in your log has changed in error.

If you do find a problem then mail me at mm0fmf_sota AT intermoose.com and put the word DATABASE in the subject line.

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager

In reply to MM0FMF:
Wow…That gave me a lot of extra points. That means I went past 1,000 several weeks earlier than I thought. Strangely, I felt sloth-like on the earlier date. I should have trusted my instincts. Coulda had glass on the mantle by now. Coulda been somebody. Coulda been a contenda.

What to do with the excess? Anyone wanna buy some points?
Elliott, K6ILM
Chaser Clown

In reply to K6ILM:

Is that points or pints?

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
The cost to you is a perfect pint per point, perchance.
Elliott, K6ILM
Chaser Clown

In reply to K6ILM:

A perfect pint? Perchance to dream!

Brian GQ8ADD

In reply to K6ILM:

Aha! A satisfied customer.

If you have chased plenty of W5 summits then the rebanding will have a bigger effect on your score. But for most people there was no effect or a very slight change.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
I had 1700 points on Wednesday and this morning it was 1698. Curious. No matter. Thanks for your hard work. David

In reply to M0YDH:

Sounds reasonable. The 4 outcomes expected were: no change, a few points less, a few points more, many points more. There shouldn’t be any examples of many points less. There are approx 1500 chases out of approx 860000 that have changed. That’s about 0.2%. Most of those are W5 based, some are VE2 based and a few are where the wrong point value was in the database.

Andy
MM0FMF