Chaser Alert: HB9SOTA snowshoe activation on Sunday Dec 15

On Sunday, December 15, 2019, the Swiss SOTA Group HB9SOTA will conduct its first winter outing for this season. We will have a group activation of HB/SG-039 Spicher. With the stormy weather today and tomorrow, there should be more than enough of the white stuff under our snowshoes.

We would also like to invite any SOTA activators from other associations to join us – the more the merrier! Most of us should have reached the summit by noon local time. Afterwards we will meet at a local restaurant to warm up and greet the Holiday Season.

We will be on the air from mid morning until mid afternoon. Keep a watch on the alerts.

Because there will be so many activators on the air, there can easily be confusion – so it is important for chasers to be sure with which station they are having a QSO.

As in the past for such group activations, please help us make certain that every activator gets the required 4 QSOs. If you hear someone calling CQ several times with no response, please jump in and help him/her out.

We look forward to hearing from many of you!

Paul HB9DST
on behalf of HB9SOTA

3 Likes

Sorry guys, other plans for that Sunday. Enjoy the hike, and don’t get lost, hi!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

Hi Paul

Unfortunately we already were to spicher at the beginning of the year in a snowshoe activation / hike. So HB9PIM already has the summit points.
If the weather allows it we will activate an other summit. Maybe it will result in some S2S.
But no final decision has been made. If we decide for an activation we will add the alerts.

I wish you all a nice activation!
73 55
Sabrina HB3XTZ

Hi Sabrina (and René)

I suppose that the other participants of the Spicher Tour would regret to see you heading out to just another summit and would estimate your presence and company. It seems at least that you both would be able to take part due to the lack of alternative “No SOTA” plans.

Indeed: it looks like you both could take profit of a participation, since you, Sabrina, could earn a considerable amount of 7 points in addition to your present score . . . and even mountain goat René would merit the 3 winter bonus points missed back in April 2019! :boom:

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

Hi Markus

We would also enjoy meeting some fellow activators but with the current weather conditions we are not sure if and when and where we will make our activation. Probably a small summit not to far from home.
It was a great expierience on the HB9SOTA summer tour and i hope next time it will workout again.
And I`m sure, next year i will have many opportunities to add some higher scores besides 2pt summits to my list :blush:

73 Sabrina HB3XTZ

1 Like

Hello FRIENDS
I saw all alerts from HB/SG-039.
Not on the right band for me today.
73 QRO