Chaser Alert: HB9SOTA group activation on Saturday May 11

Hello Chasers!

This coming Saturday, May 11, HB9SOTA is holding its annual general meeting on HB/ZH-018 Brandegg. As of this moment, 45 activators and chasers have signed up to attend, and there will likely be even more. We have a formal morning program followed by lunch and then free time for getting on the air, but I’m sure there will be people calling CQ throughout the day.

Especially with this many activators, please help us out. If you hear someone calling CQ more than a few times, please respond even if you already have ZH-018 in your log for the day. And especially with so many activators, make sure you know for sure who your QSO partner is!

tnx, 73
Paul HB9DST on behalf of HB9SOTA

4 Likes

Paul

A quick scan of alerts for tomorrow didn’t show any HB9 planned activations.

Paul

Don’t worry – we’ll all be there, and it’s going to be extremely busy (chaos?).
Paul HB9DST

2 Likes

Done, Paul, hi. 73, DIZ

Hallo Paul, yes I have seen your statement in sotawatch. I was vy sorry for all in HB9.
In last minutes when I was QRV I was able to get Jens EKO/P for the onliest S2S between SV/AG-009 and HB/ZH-018.
73 Erich
my Report on the blog:

Hi Erich,
Yes, the wx was not pleasant. Storm depression “Zacharias” gifted us in the lowlands with winds between 60 and 90 km/hr, and in the mountains even worse (e.g. on Chasseral 136 km/hr). That along with off/on driving rain made conditions somewhat unpleasant. Some brave activators did go out, but many of us opted to stay in the warm restaurant. Glad you got your S2S, though!
Paul

1 Like