Chaser Alert: HB9SOTA group activation of HB/AI-008 on Sat 19 Dec

With the promise of good wx, tomorrow Saturday Dec 19 our club HB9SOTA is conducting its final group activation for 2020 – of course, in compliance with all pertinent Covid regulations and restrictions. A group of members will be on HB/AI-008 Fähnerenspitz, with its large activation zone, starting in mid-morning until mid-afternoon depending on when they arrive on the summit. We plan to activate our anniversary callsign HB15SOTA on multiple bands recognizing the fact that many chasers are likely in need of this canton for their HB15SOTA anniversary certificate.

Especially with our multiple activators, please help us out. If you hear someone calling CQ more than a few times, please respond even if you already have AI-008 in your log for the day so they can get their points and especially the winter bonus. And with so many activators, make sure you know for sure who your QSO partner is!

tnx, 73
Paul HB9DST on behalf of HB9SOTA

3 Likes

Good luck with ypur activities, i will watch out for you as well with pour clubstation - DL0IL -.
Keep fingers crossed for good weater and a safe trip up (and dwon) there.

Best /3’s good luck - stay safe -
Ben

1 Like

Thanks very much Paul and company for this it’s much appreciated. Although the bands weren’t very kind with lots of QSB I managed to get most of you so a big thanks. Best 73 Allen

1 Like

HB15SOTA was loud and clear on 2m FM during my ascent to DM/BW-147. Unfortunately I couldn’t get through with my handheld and ~ 3 watts.
I hope the whole group had a successful activation, a pleasant day, and a safe return home.
73, Roman

1 Like

Hi Paul,

We did it, tnx S2S :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Yes, Jarek, and it gave me a complete!
73, Happy Holidays
Paul

3 Likes

Great to get a S2S QSO with HB9GUF/P from G/LD-048, sorry I missed you Paul @HB9DST that would have been special and a complete too!

There is an audio recording on my activation report page if you want to hear what is sounded like from my end.
73, Mark

2 Likes

Of course Paul, it was very special activation in 2017

Happy Holidays !
73, Jarek

2 Likes