Carnedd y Filiast

22nd April. Brilliantly sunny day, but still a chill in the breeze and snow evident on the higher parts of the Carneddi ridge, the Snowdon Horseshoe and Moel Siabod (and in a shaded area not far from the summit of 'Filiast). Parked on the north side of the A4212 at SH859411 and made the long plod to the summit. Once there, set up the inverted ‘V’ stepped dipole in line with the wind on a bearing of about 50 degrees, hung the FT857, set to 20W, on the feed and phoned Don, G0NES to spot me on 3.700. There followed QSOs with 11 regular chasers, all in the UK, and no noteable DX. A call from G8ADD suggested 7.118 was free, so another call to Don to spot me. The move to 40 brought in another 14 QSOs, mainly regular chasers, with the best DX being OK1CZ. The move to 20, again spotted by Don, resulted in a further 6 QSOs including 2 from Italy and 1 from Spain.

With the current non-availabilty of self-spotting, hopefully soon to be restored, I must thank Don, G0NES, for putting on my spots. Without his services, this activation would probably been on 80M only.

Heres to the next one

73s de Dave, GW6DTN/P