If there is any chasers that would like to work both these summits or any activators that need a unique, please keep an eye on the SOTA spots because I cannot say for definite I will be on time! I will operate on 60/40/20m SSB and 145-FM making sure I put a spot up for each frequency I call-out on.
It would be great to work some stations from this SOTA community!
Eminently sensible - the lunchtime forecasts were advising of snow on the tops in Central Scotland. Knowing how these general forecasts lack detail, I’m sure it won’t be very pleasant up there. Meanwhile, in Eastern Scotland it’s waders that are required. All round it’s pretty dire.
Very sensible Ben - The hill will still be there in better weather. I have done that route a long time ago ( I think it might be too much now) and I seem to remember it being a long day. Must admit the wx forecast and the wx is getting me down a bit - every time there appears to be a possible improvement in the weather a few days away the next run of the models moves it out of the way…
I tend to look at some of the weather models - Topkarten is quite interesting and there is a possible break in 180 hrs… ( but that far out it is really a bit approximate…). Paul
Any time you want an “eyeball” WX rprt on GM/WS-001 feel free to contact me.
Yesterday the WX was much like your LD-009 photo except there would have been snow laying on the summit.
Today its in mist and the snow level is down to about 2000ft. Not a day for a SOTA activation HI.