Can you help?

Missing

6 year old smooth coated black and white collie bitch answering to Lassie. Last seen Hard Knott pass area. Substantial reward for safe return. Please contact 01946 723400 / 019467 25203

Thanks,

Jonathan Pyke

Please note, this is not either of my own dogs, but all help appreciated if you are in the area.

Liz

In reply to M6EPW:

Any news?

This should keep the topic on the home page for a few more days.

In reply to G3VQO:
Hi.

Not as yet sadly.

The weather has been appalling at times too since the dog went missing so hope they find the poor thing soon.

Liz

In reply to M6EPW:

Good news.

Dog has now been found. Many thanks

Liz.

In reply to M6EPW:

Great news, Liz.

Karen

In reply to M6EPW:

Was it alive?

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Presumably so - http://www.animalwardens.co.uk/lost-found-dogs-search?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=&sobi2Id=43957

In reply to G4OIG:

Hi Richard.

Yes, thankfully home safe and sound now though a little worse for wear after the weather conditions.

Thanks everyone.

Liz

In reply to M6EPW:
Very good news Liz. My Walking friend William lost his Spaniel below Black Sail Pass last year. To cut a long and tense (at the time) story short. Walkers told us she had been seen on Kirk Fell. I repossessed her (Jess) near the summit afer 2 hours missing and Will, waiting at the tarn between Kirk Fell & Gt,Gable, was mighty relieved! She had climbed directly up Kirk Fell via rock gullies dragging a retracting lead as she went.

Lassie had been lost a long time. If she had been winter, I don’t think she would have survived. Very lucky owner; a happy outcome. Would love to know where Lassie was found and whether she was still in the fells area or she’d found her way off and down to civilisation. Sounds like she was missing about 6 or 7 days.

Thanks for the S2S Sunday,
73, John.

In reply to G4YSS:
I mentioned the Longmynd hike in another thread, but at last year’s event a farmer along the route reported that his Border Collie had gone missing. We kept a look out for it, and she was caught going through a checkpoint about 15 miles on! Thoroughly enjoying the walk seemingly, and had a nice ride home in a landrover. The intermediate checkpoints just assumed that she was with one of the walkers! I’m guessing she’ll be looking to improve her time this year :o)