Can you help José EB4FZI ?

Do you know José EB4FZI?

José EB4FZI contacted the MT to say he needed to reset his password. I emailed a reply and he wrote again as he never received my reply. I asked Guru EA2IF to mail and José has been back in touch asking why nobody is replying to him.

So José’s email is broken. If it was just my mails he didn’t receive I could try a different account to mail him but he is not receiving mail from several sources… his email is broken in some way.

Now the email he provided to us worked at one time as he registered his account using it.

But we can’t contact him to help and we need someone who knows José to tell him by radio or phone or even email that we have tried to contact him but he’s not receiving messages. If someone lets him know there is a problem he can get it sorted and we can get him accessing his account.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hi Andy,
I can say that after you contacted me, I e-mailed José and he responded to me about 9 hours later saying that he had followed the instructions, written his callsign and clicked on “forgot your password”, but he never got an email from SOTA.
Then I replied to him saying that the instruction say it’s his email address, not his callsign, what he should have written. Then I suggested him to try it again and let me know how it went.
This was on 21-MARCH-2021 and he has never got back to me since that last email.

[EDIT] I have just e-mailed him again and in case of no response from José in the next 24 hours, I’ll try to contact some friends in EA4 land to see if they know him or know someone who knows him.

Guru

2 Likes

Cheers Guru. You can read José 's mail as either nobody is contacting him or he has not received a reset mail. Thanks for following this up and let’s see if we can get this resolved for him.

1 Like

Hi,

Just an idea: has someone a paper qsl card from him? May be his complete postal address is on it and with that one could try to find his telephone number in Madrid white pages? or a simple letter?
I have tried to find his call in hamcallnet, no result.
Patrick ON4BCA

Hi again Andy,
I’ve got a response email from José saying he can communicate with me by e-mail but he’s not receiving anything from you.

However, there’s an attachment in his last e-mail and that attachment is an e-mail from you in Spanish with instructions on how to reset password, so it seems he could receive e-mail from you or the SOTA server at some point but not anymore, according to what he’s said now.
Let’s continue by PM from this point onwards.

Guru

1 Like

Thank you again Guru, we can take this PM and save bothering everyone.

To everyone who suggested ideas and to everyone who read this to see if they could help I’d like to say thank you for your time.

2 Likes