Callsin confusion

Hi, I use my callsign g1klz to register with S.O.T.A and this works fine but this callsign I only work inter G stations and I have now started working outside the UK so decided to register this differently, so registered g1klz/a and put my first contact in. Great you say, yes it was but now the database wont let me back in with the callsign g1klz/a, it goes automaticaly to g1klz. WHY …

Any help
Thanks
Doug
G1KLZ

I don’t understand why you need to register with two variations of the same callsign.

You can enter contacts into the Database (using just one login) as both Activator and Chaser using any callsign you may have used to make the contacts.

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:
Hi, Thanks for the reply - the reason is simple …I want to keep the inter G contacts seperate to the rest…i.e stations worked outside the U.K in a different database

Doug

I’m sorry, but I don’t see any reason to need to keep them seperate, and it sounds like the database designer didn’t either.

I do have 2 seperate logins (using different callsigns) for SotaWatch, but not for the Database.

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:

I’m sorry, but I don’t see any reason to need to keep them seperate,
and it sounds like the database designer didn’t either.

You don’t have to use your callsign to log in to the database. I keep my HF chaser record separate from my VHF/UHF one and log in under a separate name. Why? - cos I’m a VHF nerd and view HF differently. The database accepted the callsign registered to my non-callsign log in as G4OIG/HF without any issue.

Gerald G4OIG