Bit of Summit QSO Information

On logging my activation into the Database, of Shining Tor G/SP-004 yesterday, I noticed that this summit slipped into a pretty exculsive club.

It has joined G/SP-015 as being the only 2 summits (that I’m aware of) with more than 10,000 QSOs againt their name.

G/SP-015 The Cloud 756 Activations 13085 QSOs
G/SP-004 Shining Tor 456 Activations 10069 QSOs

LA/TM-049 Holtankollen, has been activated 504 times for 4724 QSOs.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

LA/TM-049 Holtankollen, has been activated 504 times for 4724 QSOs.

This year is Shining Tor’s chance to regain second spot. Kjell got married last week (many congratulation!!) and so he may well be distracted. Between us we can do it I’m sure Mike.

Richard
G3CWI

…which implies that there is a big difference in activating opportunities for those who are newly married, compared to those of us that have been married for many years!

Interesting that “the leader” is so far out in front that the main battle is that for second place.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G3CWI:

This year is Shining Tor’s chance to regain second spot. Kjell got
married last week (many congratulation!!) and so he may well be
distracted. Between us we can do it I’m sure Mike.

We’ll need to get Inky on the case too…

BTW, subject to sponsorship, there’s been some talk of the National Trust installing an escalator to the summit for me, Richard :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to M1EYP:

Interesting that “the leader” is so far out in front that
the main battle is that for second place.

True, however, the average number of QSOs per activation on Cloud is 17.3
The average number on Shining Tor is 22 :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

Be careful Mickey. This sounds like an evil conspiracy on the part of the NT to prevent you from logging any more QSOs on the SOTA Database, by making you fall foul of the General Rules.

Tom M1EYP