Beware Welshpool

Had to drive through Welshpool last Monday, on the way to activate Glasgwm (GW/NW-015). Found that the town has a wonderful new (to me, at least) one way system. You have been warned.

Regards, Dave, G(W)®6DTN.

In reply to M0DFA:

Had to drive through Welshpool last Monday, on the way to activate
Glasgwm (GW/NW-015). Found that the town has a wonderful new (to me,
at least) one way system. You have been warned.

Wonderful it may be, but it can’t be as bad as the Brecon one-way system. The last time I went there, I drove round the circular one-way system four times without finding a way out! Eventually, I escaped by ignoring a “No Entry” sign to get back on to the main road!
:slight_smile:

Walt (G3NYY)

In Reply to G3NYY,

Sounds like one of those places where they don’t put any sign posts !!

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:

Tee hee! I strongly suspect the local youths had turned round a “No Entry” sign to face the opposite way!

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY: And we’re off to Brecon on 9 June!

Regards, Dave, G6DTN

In reply to M0DFA:
I recall that Alastair 2E0SCZ’s car went twice round the Welshpool / Y Trallwng one way system on the way to Cwm Cywarch and NW-007 before we escaped and we able to drive past Raven Square station. You have my sympathy, Dave

David M0YDH

In reply to G3NYY:

it can’t be as bad as the Brecon one-way

system. The last time I went there, I drove round the circular
one-way system four times without finding a way out! Eventually, I
escaped by ignoring a “No Entry” sign to get back on to the
main road!

Couldn’t agree more; after living near there for 20 years (and London for 3) I still need to mentally plan a route before driving around there. For reference you can escape downhill by the library / cinema (or, like you did, by ignoring the ‘taxis / busses only’ and ‘no entry’ signs)!

Ioan
2E0NNN

In reply to MW3YTN:
LOL and some people complain about Cheltenham… Probably fully justified! ;o)

73 Graham G4FUJ