Battery Protection

Yes, but it was a SLAB in the top pocket of my rucsac - insulation fracture on the output wires!
You get more time to deal with things with a lead acid; but it ruined a perfectly good backpack :unamused:

1 Like

Hi Remy,
I think what most of us fear is falling onto our rucksack on a summit, crushing a battery and shorting the internal, rather than the external connections together. I’ve never had that happen but I pack my lithium (LiPO and LiFePO4) in a solid case inside the rucksack. I have slipped and sat on my rucksack in the past.

73 Ed.

1 Like

I understand the concern but I’m still not convinced that laying / falling on the rucksack would apply enough pressure to damage the battery, unless you step right onto it with all your weight which seems very unlikely.

I have used them over many years in RC plane, experiencing some violent crashes at high speeds, and the batteries never showed any sign of trauma so far.

That is very unlucky, did the naked wires shorted ?

That being said, I’m also packing my radio gear in a hard case, inside the backpack, primarily for the sake of the radio itself :smile:

2 Likes

This happened to my TM-281 …

1 Like