I second “Skin so Soft”, fantasic stuff… Never fails to work

In reply to M0KPO:

In reply to G1INK:
I second “Skin so Soft”, fantasic stuff… Never fails to
work

It keeps the midges off, too…sometimes! :slight_smile:

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Speaking of midge repellants… I’ve heard Marmite should do the job, too. But this really seems to be an urban legend. After almost one dozen of toasted ham sandwiches with Marmite I couldn’t see too much of an effect. Or did I get it wrong and should have applied it as lotion? :wink:

73 Bernhard DL4CW

In reply to DL4CW:

I don’t know what effect it has on the midges, but it sure does repel me!

Brian G8ADD

Skin So Soft isn’t an insect repellent/insecticide. The midges don’t like the taste so they don’t bite. They still land on you. And fly around your ears. And nose. And eyes. And mouth…

I haven’t tried Skin So Soft Bug Guard PLUS that actually contains an active repellent but one of the reasons people like ordinary Skin So Soft, apart from the fact it works well, is because there aren’t any nasty chemicals in it. You can “splash it on all over 'enry” without worrying about long term effects. The same can’t be said for the version which does contain insect repellents/insecticides.

I’ve got a bottle of something that contains DEET. That appears to be the nuclear option. Wear that and the midges stay clear, well clear. But how much DEET do you want to absorb into your blood? Exactly!

Andy
MM0FMF