Association Updates 1st July 2021

We have three new associations this month.

PT7 – Brazil - Ceará

Welcome to AM Kléber, PT7KC. PT7 has 745 summits and looks like this:

Base map data: © OpenStreetMap contributors, SRTM | map style: © OpenTopoMap (CC-BY-SA)

PP5 – Brazil – Santa Catarina

Welcome to AM Jósa, PU5AAY. PP5 has 600 summits and looks like this:

Base map data: © OpenStreetMap contributors, SRTM | map style: © OpenTopoMap (CC-BY-SA)

YBE – Indonesia - Eastern Islands of Sumatera

We also have the islands off Sumatera as a new association, with 193 summits in the provinces of Bangka Belitung and Kepuluaun Riau. Mawan Darmawan YC1ME is the Association manager.

KP4 Update

In KP4, Puerto Rico, we have an update resulting from an analysis of recent LIDAR DEM data. This has results in some summit position / elevation tweaks, with 4 old summits being replaced with neighbours:

• KP4/CW-012 is being replaced by KP4/CW-022
  • KP4/CE-014 is being replaced by KP4/CE-025
  • KP4/CC-002 is being replaced by KP4/CC-029
  • KP4/CC-006 is being replaced by KP4/CC-031

In all there are 38 new summits. One of these is Isla Desecheo – it’s the western-most summit on the map below (and many maps don’t even show it). Strictly speaking this is (currently) KP5 with its own DXCC and also sought after for IOTA . But it’s unlikely to see an activation any time soon due to its status as a National Wildlife Refuge under the administration of the US Fish and Wildlife Service. Hopefully the other new summits are more accessible!

SP update

In Poland summit SP/SZ-004, Baraniec, is being replaced by its neighbour SP/SZ-012, Folwarczna.

DM Region names

DM region names are being updated with German entries. Andy did some database tweaking so that all characters are available for this and now even the A6 region names look right (we hope).

We also have a tweak to the position of DM/NS-161 and a name fix on DM/NS-163.

Ireland updates

We pulled in the latest data from the hills database, which is what we use for the British and Irish listings. You may notice a few position corrections, the most significant of which is GI/SW-008, but even this stays with its old reference as the activation zone is quite big. In EI the biggest shift was EI/IS-028, but again within a large AZ. The one change with a real consequence is that due to an elevation measurement dropping by mere centimetres EI/IN-028 falls from 6 points to 4 points. We’re now showing Irish grid refs for EI as well as GI.

YBJ Indonesia – Java

In YBJ we have one new summit - YBJ/BT-030, Gunung Gede.

12 Likes

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the news. I’ve spotted a typo PPt7 instead of PT7, I guess.

Guru

2 Likes

Thank you for all your support so that we can have our PP5 Santa Catarina membership, guys. Let the games begin!

4 Likes

Jósa, Welcome to SOTA.

I need to make a slight fix to PP5 as the name is shown as “Santa Catarina” and not “Brazil - Santa Catarina”. I’ll do this when I get back from VHF Field Day contesting.

All I need now is to activate a summit from GM when there are activators from PY/LU/CX or CE active plus some Es propagation on 10m. A 10m South America to Scotland S2S will be a nice addition to my log. :slight_smile:

Also there are 2x KP4 points changes to update for 1st July 2021.

4 Likes

hello andy
I hope everything went well in the VHF Field Day Contest.
I’ve been looking at associations in Brazil and realized that “PP5 Santa Catarina” still doesn’t have “Brazil” in its name, as is the default. Do you think I can help with something to make the change?
Thanks, Jósa

1 Like

I did do it but the name hasn’t changed… I’ll have another look.

1 Like