Ascension Island (ZD/AI-001, 2 & 3) Activation

Just a heads up that I am visiting Ascension Island for a short trip with work, and it is my intention to Activate the three summits (ZD/AI-001, ZD/AI-002 & ZD/AI-003) over the period 10-14th November 2017, during my visit. My priority Summit will be ZD/AI-001, which I am hoping to activate on Sunday 12th November, work permitting.

I will be submitting Alerts to Sotawatch soon but they are a guide/marker only, as I may have to modify them dependent upon the requirements of my work whilst I am out there.

I will be taking an FT-817ND with me.

My callsign will be ZD8ZAO.

Regards,

David
G4ZAO

5 Likes

I will be operating CW.

I’ll be on EA8/GC then David. Looking forward to an all African S2S QSO :grin:

I’m not sure if you are now en route for ZD8 or about to depart but I hope you’ll get to see this possibly when you get to AscensionI. had a look at VOACAP and it suggests 17m will be the best band for an EA8/GC <> ZD8 QSO at around 1100Z.

Nope. Not departed yet, and many thanks for looking this up, which will be very useful.

Victor GI4ONL will be Fuerteventura (EA8/FU) when you hope to be on ZD8. So now there is a chance of a 3 way African S2S extravaganza. :grin:

Really sorry about this, but we were delayed a day getting here, and now having to work all weekend, so won’t be able to do any activations this weekend.

I will re-assess the situation late on Sunday, and keep my fingers crossed I can get an activation in on Monday or Tuesday.

73’s
David
G4ZAO

Thanks for the update David, it means I don’t have to get up early and miss breakfast in the hotel to get onsite in time. I fly back Monday and work on Tuesday so I think I’ll muss you now. Victor GI4ONL in EA8/FU will still be about though.