Ariel NY4G newest Goat!

Congratulations Ariel on your climb to Mountain Goat. I have enjoyed chasing you many many times. Reading the comments below, you can tell that everyone wants you to continue your summit chasing. Well done and thanks. de Scotty KG3W

Congrats! on :mountain_snow: :goat: Ariel :slight_smile:

Congradulations Ariel,I have really enjoyed chasing you on the many summits

Thanks to all for the congratulatory notes. I could not have done it without the pathfinder notes of Pat KI4SVM, and to Dean K2JB for taking me up Mt. Hardy, and to Scott KW4JM who has taken me to places where I could never have gone on my own. I shadowed Scott and he has taught me a lot, enough to give me confidence in my solo forays. Finally, I am thankful to all my faithful chasers. I will not attempt to name them all as I surely will miss one. There are a few chases worth mentioning, like the time I was on Mount Noble late in the afternoon desperate for contacts and Gary and Martha called me, or the time I was on Roan High Knob with frozen hands in the dead of winter desperate for a call (no cell service), when Phil G4OBK called and posted me on the SOTA cluster, or the time in the pouring rain in a solo bushwhack of Grave Mountain when I was desperate to get calls when Gary and Martha again came through. Some mountains are hard and some mountains are easy. Each activation is a microcosm of life and you take the good with the bad, the harsh terrain and the majestic beauty of the surroundings, all contrasts that make this SOTA “thing” so wonderful. I still look forward to the second 1000 albeit perhaps at a slower pace. I have documented everything so far in a book in writing titled “The 100 Summit Challenge” complete with photos, trail descriptions, access notes, lessons learned and will publish it after I have reached 100 unique summits which is still a few summits away. Martha W0ERI will get a free copy as she was my 4th caller on Mount Sterling. As they say in the south “thanks all y’all for making this a great ride”.

Ariel NY4G

1 Like

Ariel, MG in only 9 months is pretty amazing! BIG CONGRATS for what may be an all time record!
Best 73, Woody/K1LB

Congrats Ariel, I was happy to chase you on your big day! Looking forward to many more SOTA QSO’s.

Keith KR7RK

Hi Ariel
Well done and so quickly too - Congratulations!
Nick G4OOE

Congratulations Ariel!

Holy Heck you knocked that MG out quickly! That takes a lot of commitment and dedication. Happy to be in your log on your MG summit… :slight_smile:

Well done…

Richard // N2GBR

A big congratulations on your speedy climb to Mountain Goat! I am really sorry that I missed your MG activation - I need a complete for Mt Sterling! :rofl: I am glad that Dean and Scott were able to join you for the occasion and I hope you enjoyed the view from the fire tower.

73, pat - KI4SVM

Ariel,

Thanks for working me on so many of your summits! It was especially great to work you on your MG summit. I am really looking forward to reading your book and working you on many more summits - hopefully S2S.

Derek, WF4I
Pleasant Garden, NC

Way to go! Congratulations. Baaa

Congratulations and welcome to the heard

Congrats Ariel on MG :goat: status. Fine achievement. Tnx for all the contacts along the way. 73 Karen

New book on Summits on The Air activating in the Southern Appalachian Mountains authored by one of the W4C Association Mountain Goats - NY4G on reaching 100 unique summits.

One link is for the paperback and the other for the eBook.

Ariel NY4G

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1091303665/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=100+unique+summit+challenge&qid=1570881473&sr