Apologies to Nick

Having been corrected on my term ‘comical CW’ rightly by @EA2IF Guru - today not once but twice, for some reason, I read Nick’s @G4OOE spot as being Phil @G4OBK and said ‘hi Phil’ . At least my copy is good enough to interpret a possibly slightly irate Nick (certainly on the 2nd band of the day!) telling me ‘it’s Nick’. No harm done, everything will be logged correct, and hopefully I’ve not offended anyone - always a pleasure to work you Nick of course :flushed:

Mark. M0NOM

p.s. I did redeem myself slightly by re-spotting Colwyn @MM0YCJ on the correct summit: GM/NS-019 - given band conditions with deep QSB I suspect several chasers missed his correct summit reference as spoken.

4 Likes

Hi Mark

No problem and it was great to get you in the log. I too have problems with names especially the HB9s for some reason so I too send apologies to those ops names that I often get wrong. A great activation today but I couldn’t get a reliable phone signal for spotting on 3 or Vodaphone so many thanks to David G6LKB, Mark G0UOK and the RBN!

Nick

1 Like

As @G8CPZ Andy pointed out recently, apologizing over CW is not easy when flustered!
Hope you had a great day. It was actually an interesting experiment with my Google Earth Mapping Tool as it identified our 20m CW contact as Groundwave, and the 60m CW contact as NVIS.

Cheers, Mark.

1 Like

FB Mark thanks for the propagation maps, very interesting indeed! The day was brilliant with loads of contacts including YC2VOC, a new country on SOTA for me. I am probably going over to Wild Boar Fell with Dave G3TQQ on Wednesday subject to reasonable wx forecast.

Nick

2 Likes