Apologies to chasers 17/03/12

Hi All,

Just a big apology to anyone waiting for me today to get up Fountains Fell NP-017!!

The earlier activity on Pen Y Ghent NP-010 went excellently well, bit of a scramble on the final section before reaching Plateau gave me scare as it was wet and muddy.

I ended up with 2 S2S and a total of 18 contacts in log in 45 mins, 16 of which were on 2m ssb, Im pleased with that.

No takers on 4m fm today??

Thanks to all who called me up here.

We had planned to do NP-017 after a lunch break at the park spot, but as we approached the car the rain was getting heavy. We gave it till 1pm sitting in the car with rain battering down for most of the time. I even drove to the cattle grid at the start of route up but the rain was not easing off!!

So I am disappointed not to get the two neighbours done today and apologies again to anyone waiting for me

Tony

In reply to G1JPV:

I ended up with 2 S2S and a total of 18 contacts in log in 45 mins, 16
of which were on 2m ssb, Im pleased with that.

Thanks for the S2S Tony. Quite cold and windy on G/WB-004 but at least it stayed dry.

No takers on 4m fm today??

Carolyn G6WRW/P, joined me in the afternoon to test her new home brew 4m antenna and managed to qualify the summit.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Hi Mike,

Thanks also for the S2S, it was a fair distance contact and I do like Titterstone Clee Hill even though I have only been up it once.

I have to admit I did not call CQ for very long on 4m as we were a bit concerned about the wet scramble back down on Pen Y Ghent!!

Sorry I missed both you and Carolyn on there with not getting up Fountains Fell in the afternoon

Tony

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Ahh. I missed the 4m activity…

73 Graham G4FUJ

In reply to G1JPV:

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Hi Mike,

Thanks also for the S2S, it was a fair distance contact and I do like
Titterstone Clee Hill even though I have only been up it once.

I find the 2m take-off much better on Titterstone than Brown Clee G/WB-002. There was shed loads of activity on 2m FM. Had a sked with Alan M1EYO/P, who was on Whernside and he manged to find me for a nice S2S too.

I have to admit I did not call CQ for very long on 4m as we were a bit
concerned about the wet scramble back down on Pen Y Ghent!!

Not much fun operating in the rain, Tony, you made the right choice.

Sorry I missed both you and Carolyn on there with not getting up
Fountains Fell in the afternoon

Don’t worry, we’ll make it another time.

73 Mike
2E0YYY