Any one in the Midlands

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi guys Have a read about the alien abduction on Rombalds Moor G/NP-028
in 1987 its in Wikipedia, or GooGle it .

73es HNY Geoff G4CPA

In reply to G4CPA:

Crikey Geoff, I’m doing that summit on 4th January fun event, maybe a lot of people will get their wish. If you don’t hear from me after the 4th, fire off a flare!!

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
And you will be organising a SOTA on planet Zog!:wink:

Brian G8ADD

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hi Mike ,i can tell you its no fun when the alien fog comes down,i myself have wittnesed strange happenings on that moor ,Hpe i hav’nt scared you hi.

73 de Geoff

In reply to G4CPA:

Me scared? Huh!! Fancy a joint activation Geoff and bring your dog with you?

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hi Mike if you are lucky he will don his disguise and give you a demo.Atb Geoff

In reply to GW0DSP:

Hi Mike would love to as its convenient for me on A Sunday,xyl zzzz ,
Abby (Border Collie sheepdog)and me can play!
fine details later,

Geoff

In reply to G4CPA:

Nice one Geoff, I may be doing another NP at 0900ish not sure yet, will see how things are nearer the time. May do it from the car park or visit the trig dep on wx on the day. As you say, fine details later.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

…I may be doing another NP at 0900ish not sure yet,

Obviously you’ve not eaten enough Christmas pud Mike… or maybe too much and need to walk it off. Hopefully catch you on both summits.

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

Since getting up this morning, I’m suffering a little bit with the back to be honest, so I’m keeping my options open Gerald. I want to try and get a few more summits in prior to the GM trip. At least Rombald’s offers the option of activating from or near the car park if the back is dodgy and I don’t want to miss the fun. I hope to work you, I’ll have the Sotabeams SB5 and FT-857 so qro.

Mike, GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Almost ready to stake my nail to the tree for 4th Jan Mike. The first summit will be circa 0900 and could be one of three… Hi.

Likewise less than 100% here - hips feeling it after climbing over a stairgate for the past week as the 16 month old grandson came to stay. Hopefully Tuesday will loosen me up a bit.

73 es HNY, Gerald

P.S. Steve M0SGB is taking a risk coming down to Northampton… if I find him wandering the streets, I’ll bring him back up north on 4th.

In reply to G4OIG:

OK on Steve SGB risking life and limb in Northampton, hi. You be careful, us northern lads are a tough breed you know. The 4th should be a good giggle, I have a couple of summits in mind for 0900 but I will decide on the day.

73 es HNY, Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

Ah well Mike, I survived the slide southwards back in '79 and have regretted the move ever since, not least for the reason of it being so far from SOTA summits! I will start out at 03:30 on 4th (as indeed I will on Tuesday), so need to get some early(ish) nights in. Just hoping for some dry WX so I don’t have the house looking like a Chinese laundry the day after.

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:
Hi Gerald; woke up yesterday morning like a bear with rough (backside). Had to be in work for 15-30, Struggled to drive but managed to get into Roundspinnings for 20-40 (traffic jams), Gave a few calls out but no one on 145mhz, "1-20 on way back up north again, Roads a lot better and quite, As for people moving into Northampton my Uncle lives in Wellingbourgh and loves it, As i was approaching Fort Dunlop at Junction 5, I thought i saw the aliens but sadly it was a plane, a little further up the motorway hovering over Walsall Football ground i saw another light, Sadly it was an helicopter (police), So it looks like us chaps from up north can come south miss the cobblers, the yam-yams, the dumb-brummies, the aliens and most of asll the looney car drivers,
Back at depot for 00-15, Starts all over again tonight at 20-30 going to Atherstone this time,
Hope everyone has a good time doing the NP fun day, sadly working on Sunday again (money money)

Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:

“the dumb-brummies”

To quote INKy:

Oi! I resemble that remark!

Brummie Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
you mean inky pinky !!!

oh im barred again,

Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:

Pleased you made it home okay Steve and that I don’t have to try to find you in the town. Mind you, you could do worse than here and get sent to Milton Keynes… then you’d definitely need your sextant and compass to get back. Probably need one new tyre on the front as well after all those roundabouts, Hi!

Safe travelling and HNY, Gerald