Antenne for Handheld Radio

I use for 9 years. But that is 2 elements.
73 Miro OM7SM

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

I have been testing this and find the performance excellent, am easily able to make qso’s from EI to GW/G/GI from SOTA on my FT25E handheld. I do not deploy my rollup antenna on the mast anymore, this antenna gets equal reports.

Declan
ei6fr

2 Likes

What ist the different between:

DIAMOND SRH770S and Hamking SRH770 S?

1 Like

Many many VHF/UHF antennas with similar numbers are produced by the same companies in China, on the same production line, only the importers request their names on them to be different. The internal components are often the same. The quality, in my experience, is similar or identical between the different “makes” of the same antenna.

I believe Comet and I know Komunica out of Spain, do design some of their own antennas and subcontract the work to the Chinese companies. Unfortunately on occasion, some Comet and Komunica designed antennas start appearing under different importer names.

So if you see a Nagoya, Comet, Diamond, Komunica, Hamking, MyDEL, Sharman or Watson antenna and it looks identical to one of the other makes (especially with a similar number), there’s a VERY good chance it was built on the same production line using the same parts rather than it being the proverbial “Chinese copy”.

YMMV
73 Ed.

PS: It looks like the SRH-770 as opposed to the RH-770 is a static (non-telescopic antenna - the RH-770 packs conveniently small to go easily inside your pack).

3 Likes

Hi Sota Friends,

thanks for your great Support. In the Last Days i had buyed a Diamond SRH770S.

Watch my Pictures and the Resualt oft the Measurement.

73 Michael

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks for your detailed report. Much appreciated :+1:

cheers Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

I also have a SRH770s, it was a good buy.
For the transport I use an eletric pipe diameter 15mm with two caps.

3 Likes

This is the Measure direct on the VNA. The SWR ist not to good

2 Likes

I createt an Lamda/4 Radial for this Antenna.
The SWR on 2m now ist very Good.

To Protect the Anntea in Transport i build an PVC Tube wich you can Close.

73 Michael

5 Likes

I use SRH770s with ID-51 too :wink: I think it’s a very good lightweight setup for VHF activation.
But I think measuring the SWR of handhelds antenna makes no sens. Why? Because, it is difficult to reproduce the position of the radio with the antenna in relation to the operator’s body during transmission: capacitance between the body and the antenna, “grounding” the radio by holding it your hand, etc.

2 Likes

That’s indeed true for the standard situation where the counterpoise is only the capacitively coupled body of the operator. But @DC8YZ has added a quarterwave radial - this should dominate the grounding. So this creates a quite reproducible setup.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

3 Likes