Another Challenge Activation Report

Hi Guru.

Even if the UK eventually explodes and Yorkshire follows Scotland away (it is more populous after all) that still wouldn’t make G/NP-029 or G/NP-032 border summits. Not unless the Lancastrians restart the Wars of the Roses and win a few miles!

73, Simon :wink:

Ok, Simon and Colin.
My fault. I’ve got it now.
I misread “GW and not GW” as it was “GW, not GW” because you wrote you had wrongly used GW in two summits which indeed were not GW = G and that’s why I thought there was a typing error, as I thought it should have been “G, not GW”.
But, now I perfectly understand the meanning of “GW and not GW”, being “not GW” = G in this case.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for confirming my UK geography knowledge about Wales and Scotland not sharing any border.
Best 73,

Guru

My final day of activating for the Challenge I had planned a double-activator split summit session, but it turned into a tripple-activator half-split doing, or something. Well anyway, whilst Jamie worked as 2W0EYT/P from GW/NW-043 and I worked as GW4TJC/P from GW/NW-042, along came Gerald to add call MW0WML/P to Moel y Gamelin.

A Final Challenge

DX from the east was trumped by the call of the cafe, but a Caribbean QSO spiced up my afternoon session on Cyrn-y-Brain.

A big thank you to all the chasers and activators who took part in the Challenge.

73, Simon

2 Likes

Fishing Pole Bung - Moel y Gamelin

I forgot to say that I found somebody’s fishing pole bung on Moel y Gamelin, amongst the heather down-slope from the summit cairn. It’s a touch bigger than the one for my 8-m pole - maybe for 10m? Get in touch to claim it. I know it’s a pain to be bungless?

Ahhhh just read this, I lost the bung up there in January from my Brook kite 9m pole . When I packed away I thought I had left it in the Disco, but as you now know it wasn’t there :slight_smile: I have recently being using a lighter 7m pole. Ironically I chased you that day when I was walking the dogs with my HH. I remember you threw me doing the split activation as I had nothing to write call signs down with and my phone died when I was trying to log both summits
Picky below that day as I packed up bung less on Moel Gamlin

That’s great Paul.

After a couple of close calls I always make a point of putting the bung in a pocket, preferably one I can zip up, as literally the first thing I do when I start to set up on a summit. The bung-on-a-string approach is surely the safest of course! Anyway, see my PM and I’ll get it back to you.

Simon