Another 3 Summits done in Dalarna

After coming back from vacation to Stockholm I decided to have a couple of more days off and continue my activation in Dalarna. The weather was great and despite this was a contest weekend, WAE, I got plenty of QSO in the log.
Summary of this trip in Sälen mountains are the summits look pretty much the same. There is always a small tree were you can attach your pole and antenna. Plenty of blueberrys and cloudberrys to be found. I got almost 100 CW QSO and out of these 5 S2S.

Friday 7/8 me and my wife did a 10km hike and activated Östra Kalven, SM/DA-013, in the afternoon.

Östra Kalven

Östra Kalven

Östra Kalven

Östra Kalven

On Saturday we started of early and took a 19km long hike and passed by our next summit Storfjället, SM/DA-033. Weather was perfect with slight wind to keep the flies away.

Storfjället

Storfjället

Storfjället

Storfjället

Storfjället

Hiking in the wilderness

Monday morning we decided to make a 8km short hike to Kjällfjället, SM/DA-012. Quite windy in the beginning but when I got settled the wind clamed down.

Kjällfjället

Thank you to all chaser. This was my first time with a linked dipole and that sure made a difference compared to my previous EFHW antenna.

73 de Jaan
SM0OEK

11 Likes

Beautiful photos and it looks like you were lucky with the weather, too!

How did the linked dipole compared to the EFHW?

73 de Sara
MW7SRA (alldeles nybakad, därav frågan!)

2 Likes