Announcement

In reply to GW0DSP:

Mike
I cannot see how agreeing with the comments of another could be construed as stirring. Is anyone else entitled to an opinion on here?
Whatever happened to “This is my last post on this Reflector” before you started your site?

73’s
David/G4CMQ

In reply to G4CMQ:

David,

About time someone said that Brian, better still do something about
it.

In my opinion you were not merely agreeing with Brian, you went on to ask Brian or others to maybe ban me from this reflector, judging by the tone of your statement above.

To put you in the picture, I have never started a website, I was asked to take “my” monthly news to a website which was already running, I accepted and “my” news now appears on that website.

After my “this is my last post on this reflector” remark, it was obvious that the reflector still needed my input, to state what others were frightened to state, because of the fear of a ban after Mick 2E0HJD was banned from the reflector. Also I was administering the “Fun Nights” through this reflector and consider my input of value. I will use this reflector until such a time that I am tired of it, or I’m told that I can’t!!

I suggest we leave it there David. Individuals getting caught up in petty squables is of no use to either of us.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Mick 2E0HJD was never “banned” from this website.

He was asked to give an assurance of future good behaviour. Instead he withdrew from the site and requested that all his posts be deleted.

If he tried to post now, I believe his input would be accepted.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Brian, I really don’t want to drag this one out mate, but Micks right to post on this reflector was forcefully taken away when he posted a trivial remark, we know the history.

Just because he was emailed and told to toe the line like a good boy or else doesn’t make what MT did to him correct. He was banned because he would not comply. Jon knew the lads nature and personality would not allow him to crawl up their jacksies like a beggar, he was dumped on from a great hight. We lost one of Sota’s greatest characters that day through a witch hunt and he is sadly missed by hundreds.

He then withdrew his database account himself, that was his own decision and his own doing.

I can tell you for certain that he will not return to sota until there is a democratically elected MT and that’s never going to happen. As a matter of fact he would word it somewhat differently, but such wording is not for this reflector.

Please Brian, can we leave this subject in the past? It serves no purpose re-opening old debates and wounds.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

As you wish Mike, but I will add one thing. To my mind banning is the final, final resort. I do not anticipate ever having to issue a ban. On the other hand I like the system used on some reflectors of a “cooling-off period” and may resort to that in extremity. Not pointing the finger at anyone, I have nobody in mind, I’m just giving an indication of how my mind works. No bans, but time in the sin bin.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Fair enough Brian, but stick to it now you have stated it;-)

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G8ADD:

A thought just crossed my mind Brian re your comment that Mick could possibly post in this forum again.

How about trying to reverse the proccess via the same method used when he was banned, i.e. an MT member emailing Mick and telling him that he is welcome back? I’m not saying that he would accept, but think there would be a fair chance of him accepting if invited back via the same method that he “left”. I along with many others certainly wish that he would return, so surely after so long it’s worth MT giving it a shot.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

In reply to G4CMQ:

To put you in the picture, I have never started a website, I was asked
to take “my” monthly news to a website which was already
running, I accepted and “my” news now appears on that
website.

No it wasn’t Mike it appeared after your statement - it is an excellent site as is the news - but please don’t invent your own time scale.

After my “this is my last post on this reflector” remark, it
was obvious that the reflector still needed my input, to state what
others were frightened to state, because of the fear of a ban after
Mick 2E0HJD was banned from the reflector. Also I was administering
the “Fun Nights” through this reflector and consider my
input of value. I will use this reflector until such a time that I am
tired of it, or I’m told that I can’t!!

I can’t see what made you think a continuation of the 2E0HJD saga makes you think that this reflector ‘needed your continued input’.

I suggest we leave it there David. Individuals getting caught up in
petty squables is of no use to either of us.

Why should he leave it there? He made a valid point that has been echoed by other posters two of which , today alone, are leaving SOTA !!

Mike GW0DSP

I wish !!!

Roger G4OWG

To pre-empt the obvious reply ‘I said I wasn’t reading’ YOU said you ‘weren’t posting’

In reply to G4OWG:

You are wrong Roger. The Summits Knowledgebase website was actually up and running before I ever knew it existed, while I was still editing the Sota news, but it was not on line to the public at that time. I’m sure either of the other two people involved in the running of Summits Knowledgebase will confirm this. I decided to leave Sota news for personal reasons and was then approached and asked if I would consider posting my version of the news on Summitsbase and I accepted the offer. I am not inventing any time scale Roger. Thanks for your kind comments about the site and the news.

I never said the reflector needed my input to continue the HJD saga, I said it needed my or someone’s input to state some points that others were too scared to post after Mick was banned, because people feared the same treatment as mick.

David is welcome to post whatever he likes, as is everyone else, me included, I suggested that David and I left it at that rather than allowing a petty squable to develop between us. Would you rather we had a full blown arguement instead?

Who are the two who left because of my comments Roger? I know that Derek has left but I’m sure that he is really prioritising his time after the birth of his child, rather than leaving due to my comments, let’s face it, it’s easy to skip reading any of my comments, they all come with an identifying call sign.

Sorry but I don’t know what you refer to with you final comment “I wish!!!” maybe you could elaborate?

Mike GW0DSP

P.S. What about the time I was branded “Motor Mouth” on this reflector? Motor Mouth eh, I can live with that, I guess I can be a Motor Mouth, but at least I tell it as it is and I don’t have more faces than the town clock. But where were the reflector do gooders then? In fact I think you were the only one to comment along the lines of “Motor Mouth no, motor key yes”, or similar. But, whether people agreed with the Motor Mouth statement or not, why didn’t they state that they didn’t condone such behaviour? Double standards I guess.

In reply to GW0DSP:
Mike I do not want to continue this thread as it is in danger of going round in circles.

Just to make my position clear and answer your points.

I don’t consider a web site as ‘not available publically’ as ‘up and running’ debatable yes but that’s my opinion.
A lot of your posts mention ‘the banning of Mick’, as has been pointed out on numerous occasions he was not banned. He set himself up, pushed as far as he could then left of his own volition. The facts as I see them - you obviously see it differently which is your entitlement. Perhaps you would consider not mentioning this again as views seem entrenched and are unlikely to change.
We agree that you and anyone else are entitled to a view and free to express it. Long may that continue.
I may have misread Derek’s reason having not read the post properly. But I’m not the only one guilty of this.
The other person who has left asked me not disclose his name/callsign. Like you I have a small network of friends on SKYPE.
The ‘I wish’ comment was perhaps ill judged - basically I was suggesting you shut up :slight_smile:
‘Motor mouth’ trolls post was luckily not on the reflector long enough for many to read - thanks Brian - so perhaps that’s why no one else sprang to your defence.
I like to think I also ‘Tell it as it is’ unfortunately human nature being what it is ‘IT’ is a term with a myriad interpretations.
As I say this is my last on this matter you are free,as always, to make a response but please don’t expect a reply.
Trust, however, Mike what ever is said on here, my radio operating persona is different and I’m happy to work you and anyone else - in fact its a pleasure.

Roger G4OWG
Back to real SOTA now Inky looks set to put 4 uniques on today - got one already :slight_smile:

In reply to G4OWG:

Read it, digested it, understood it, enjoyed it, shutting up, see you on air.

Mike GW0DSP