AlexLoop by PY1AHD

Hello dear SOTA-friends,

Has any one had any experience with the portable magnetic loop , called AlexLoop ? It is quit a handy equipment, lightweight and easy to set-up.
I readsome convincing, positiv comments, but I wonder wether one of the numerous sota-activators has some firsthand experience .

Its time to try something new again.

Once mor I would like to thank all my faithful chasers, particularly from England and Scotland, Sweden, Spain and the many Eastern countries. All usually appear within minutes, when I start activating, this thanks to the marvelous SMS-Service of Andy.

You will find me soon again on the SPOT, for fall is the favorit season for meontain-hiking.

therefor keep watching the SPOT.

Best regards and 73 de Edwin hb9zap

In reply to HB9ZAP:

Edwin,

Have a lookat these:

http://hamradionation.com/browse_vidfeeders.php?tag=PY1AHD
http://bullafina.com/video/videos/w33-wvVoDWU/6/2/-hfpack/Hold-and-tune-AlexLoop-SML-7-30-Small-Magnetic-Loop-antennna-by-PY1AHD
etc. …
Of course these are promotional material thus are not 100% objective. However here you find quite a few user comments: AlexLoop Walkham Portable HF Small Magnetic Loop Antenna
One of those tells: “The maximum recommended power is 20 watts SSB or 10 watts AM/FM” . It is supposed to handle about 15W in CW which is sufficient for many of the SOTA activations.

73: Jóska, HA5CW / M0HAA

In reply to HB9ZAP:

Hi Edwin,

I saw it at Ham Radio and also thougt abt Sota use but 1,5kg is more than double weight of my Narcal doublet+7m post. Also not that cheap, I decided to wait for some reviews.

72, Jo
Dj3cq

In reply to HB9ZAP:
Hello Again,

In the meantime I was activating 4 summits, using the Magnetic Loop (AlexLoop), with great succes. Iam very satisfied wirh the result. Though, hampered with heavyQRN; or QRM, the report received, where moreless the same fom Scottland, England Ireland, Spain and Greece. I will be onair during the next days, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday, if the weather permits.

vy 73 Edwin hb9zap