Alert frequency

Last sota activity I called cq on the frequency I wrote in my alert. Mostly not easy because the frequency is often busy. Some hams had this frequency turned on and answered my call. But please do not spot immediately when you hear me calling. I couldn´t work all of them until I was struck by pileup.
I´l alert 7.033 cw and I´l call on this frequency. If it´s busy I´l tell you qsy down.

If I write oe9jj instead of oe9amj it´s because I wont be spotted by RBNGate.(or because my fingers are cold, or my cw would need some training!!). But RBNGate is ok, sometimes you need it.

arno, 73

In reply to OE9AMJ:

If I write oe9jj instead of oe9amj it´s because I wont be spotted by
RBNGate.(or because my fingers are cold, or my cw would need some
training!!). But RBNGate is ok, sometimes you need it.

Hi Arno,

If you would rather not get spotted by RBNGate on this activation, there is no need to put a different callsign into your SOTAWatch alert. See this Q&A from the RBNGate FAQ that is available at my web site:

Q: I want to enter a Sotawatch alert so that the chasers will know my plans, but I don’t want RBNGate to spot me during that activation. What can I do?

A: Include either of the following anywhere in your Sotawatch alert’s comment (without the quotes, case-insensitive): “RBNN” or “NoRBNGate”.

A link to the complete RBNGate FAQ is at the top of this page: http://www.ku6j.com/

Eric KU6J

===========================================
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software:
http://www.ku6j.com

In reply to KU6J:

If you would rather not get spotted by RBNGate on this activation, there is no need to put a different callsign >into your SOTAWatch alert. See this Q&A from the RBNGate FAQ that is available at my web site:

I´l not use a different callsign. I only will give my callsign a little slapdash like instead of “am” a “j” or give a longer interval between 2 letters. Like some hams do, when they do not want that cw machines can read them.

Often there is no phone-spot possible or qrm is to strong. And in wintertime if it is cold. Than I want to use RBNGate, but u know it only when u are sitting on the summit.
arno