Al VK1RX SOTA Mountain Goat

Hi all,

Yesterday Al VK1RX achieved SOTA Mountain Goat status by activating Mt Domain VK1/AC-020 at 1506 metres ASL overlooking Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve.

In the true spirit of SOTA Al had a 7.5 hour day out, spending 3 hours climbing the beast over 6.5 km for a 720 metre vertical ascent, 1.5 hours operating his Icom IC-706 on the summit, followed by a hard 3 hour descent.

For the folk who know Al you would agree what a great SOTA ambassador he is. Al does nothing by halves, he has tacked some of the hardest peaks in VK1 spending many hours and nights in the Australian bush to activate a distant peak. Al has been involved in VK1 SOTA since the start of the program in February 2013, yesterday’s activation is the culmination of 3.5 years of hard work and dedication to the hobby.

Please join me in congratulating Al on his achievements in the field of portable radio operations and now SOTA Mountain Goat status.

Thanks

Andrew VK1AD

6 Likes

Excellent stuff Al.
Always good to hear you activating or chasing.

Cheers,
Compton
VK2HRX

Hi Al,
It’s always a pleasure to have you in the log. There’s no doubt you have earned the Goat status. Thanks for the uniques along the way.

Now for Super Goat?

Ron
VK3AFW

Hearty congratulations Al. Always a pleasure to work you.
Cheers,
Peter VK3PF

Congratulations on your Goathood, Al.

Well deserved.

Pleased I was one of your chaser contacts from the summit on the day.

Col VK3LED

Well done Al!!

Paul W6PNG

Congratulations to Al!

Congrats Al. Look forward to working you from Colorado. 73

Good Job, Al
73 from French MG

Congrats, Al!

de Ken, K6HPX

Great to see you made it to Mountain Goat Al it was nice to work you several times on the journey.
Missed your big day as I was at work but look forward to the next qso.
regards
Ian CZ e e