Air Cadets First SOTA activation

Dear all,

As some of you may already know I have started training Air Cadets at my local Squadron (Warbreck 2454)which Nathan (2E0OCC) my son attends. We are hoping to use radio as part of their adventure training during the summer months.

The squadron is having a camp over weekend 26th - 28th Feb in the lakes and some of the Cadets are doing their Silver navigation award which will take them over Baystones. I will be part of their group, Although not teaching them navigation (I would be lost without Ian (2E0EDX or my Garmin Hi)

Anyway the idea is as follows QRV around midday on Baystones. I’ll be on 2M and Nathan will be on 70cm with a hand held.

1. Nathan and I as well as anyone in the group with a call sign will qualify the hill. I also need 1 S2S to get my 25 S2S Class 3.

2. I then would request that some stations remain around to allow any of my students under my supervision to pass greatings to them.

The idea is to encourage them towards obtaining their license and therefore get them out doing SOTA during the summer months when camping and doing adventure activities.

Hope this meets with all your approval.

Look forward to working you all Staurday

Kind Regards

Brian (M0OYG)

Hope to be in the Lakes on Fri and Sat possibly doing the Kentmere or the Fairfield Horshoe. Will take the handlheld and listen, will be running QRO of 1 watt

Have fun the conditions look super

In reply to M0OYG:
Hope to work you and let the troops pass a greating .Lets encourage them.Hope wx good
M0JFE John
Ride the waves and make new friends

In reply to M0OYG:

Hi Brian,

I hope the weather is kind to you & the cadets. I have worked Baystones before on 2m & even on 10m FM so I should be able to work you on 2m if you have a decent antenna. 70cms with a handheld may well be more difficult over the distance / terrain.

Best of luck with the activation & I will be very happy to exchange greetings messages with the cadets.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF