Advanced Exam Passed

In reply to M0HGY:

Well done, Jimmy, now you can look for a 400 watt linear and (more useful, perhaps) get an NoV for 5 megs!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to M0HGY:

I agree with you Jimmy, sounds like we used a similar stategy and I found the same with the ‘Amateur Radio Exam Secrets’ Book, all it seemed to do for me was cause confusion and make we doubt what I did know.

Looking forward to working you with your new callsign.

Colin
M0XSD.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for congratulating me. I have got no intention of getting a 400 watt linear and an NOV for 5 MHz at the moment.

Jimmy M0HGY

…Back in February when my local club was trying to get a club callsign the trail had reached about M0HCU.

OI! And what’s wrong with that? :wink:

Nearly as spooky as one of my QSOs from Beacon Batch… M0HCT, must’ve got in 5 minutes before me!

Oh, and congratulations Jimmy too!

Don

M0HCU

In reply to M0HGY:
Well done Jimmy. I expect it wont be long before we hear that call used overseas too. Hope to get on the air and work you soon.

73 Marc G0AZS

PS It sounds quite nice on CW too. :slight_smile:

In reply to M0HGY:

Congratulations Jimmy. I imagine this’ll mean you’ll be off to bag some EI summits soon.

Rick M0RCP

In reply to M0HGY:
Well done Jimmy - hope to work you soon :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to M0XSD:

Why is it that when we sit & pass an Advanced Exam we get issued a Full Licence?

Because the licence is called Full to distinguish it from the Intermediate and Foundation. An advanced licence would be for something beyond the full licence.

Why does it annoy me. Well I like to be called Andy not Benny because Andy is my name. Nobody calls me Benny because it’s not my name. So why should we call the full licence the advanced licence when it’s not?

Benjamin Q. Pedant
MM0FMF

:wink:

In reply to MM0FMF:

Are you the same Benny that is on the front of the January edition of Radcom?

In reply to G3CWI:

I think I maybe. Anyone got a scan of the cover as I’m not sure which images Elaine was going to use?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Well done Jimmy, congratulations on the new callsign.

Dave

Thank you all for congratulating me. I hope to activate some SOTA summits outside the UK at somepoint.

Jimmy M0HGY

In reply to M0HGY:
Well done Jimmy, hope to catch you with the new call soon
Rob and Audrey
G4RQJ

In reply to MM0FMF:
It’s you on Minch Moor in the snow. Very nice.

73 Marc G0AZS

Well done Jimmy. What a year 2012 has been for you.

Became a SOTA Mountain Goat
Achieved intermediate licence
All G unique summits activated (completed in July)
Lectured at RSGB Convention
Achieved full licence

…and got a decent job!

We’re having a little drink on Friday night at The Wharf pub in Macclesfield if anyone fancies it. Live music on (free).

Can’t believe he likes Mike Zero Hungry Greedy Youth. It was supposed to be an insult.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M0HGY:
Congratulations Jimmy, well done!
I look forward to working your new callsign soon.

Roger MW0IDX

In reply to MW0IDX:
Congratulations.

Very well done indeed :slight_smile:

Look forward to working your new callsign soon.

You were brave letting OFCOM choose your callsign, but atleast your new one doesn’t have a bleedin’ Q in it!!!

John

Thank you all for congratulating me. I only let Ofcom choose my callsign as none of callsigns I wanted were available.

Jimmy M0HGY

In reply to M0HGY:

Many congratulations on passing the exam and receiving the new call Jimmy. I think that’s quite a memorable callsign… until you give me a call that is! :wink:

73, Gerald G4OIG

Thank you for congratulating me Gerald. I hope to meet up with you and Paul G4MD for a joint activation of Upper Park GW/MW-032 one day.

Jimmy M0HGY