Activation Report G/NP-005 & 031

Well my intended summits was to do NP005 & NP004 but did not have the time to do NP004 so on the way home did NP031.

G/NP-005 Ingleborough
I parked the car in Ingleton car park 0830hrs GMT(£3 all-day up to 1800hrs) and went to the veg shop for some fruit as I had left mine at home.
Was on my way up to the summit under early mist but by the time I was on the top it had burnt off but it was rather chilly and I had forgot my fleece so it was just a shell job and then it did get warm when the sun came out fully.
Was on air at 1000hrs UTC on the dot with a s2s with Clive M1YAM/P SP-031 1st of 4 on 60m followed by GM4TOE/P ES-006, G4BVE/P LD-018, GM7PKT/P CS-018 also 2m M0ZZO/P NP-010, G6DDQ/P LD-011.
All the regulars were there and some new ones for me on 2m.
The summit was starting to get busy by 1100hrs UTC as there was a fell run on and also the Three Peaks Groups were out in force, all together a good activation and some fantastic views all round pic will be on Flikr later.

G/NP-031 Birk’s Fell
Well after the drive round to Litton and as Steve INK said it seemed a long drive, I parked in the little car park opposite the Queens Arms and to let you know that you can camp there for £2 a night and the toilets and wash-up is round the back of the pub opened in a morning by the bar person.
Well the bridleway was well signed and it was steep climb but once on the summit it was a steady walk over to the Tarn and then over to the summit and not anyone in sight the sun was out and warm not like the last time I was over on Horses Head Moor and it really came in cold when the wind got up.
I only did 2m here has did want to get down to the Queen’s Arms for a bite to eat, there was only 6 taker’s G4BLH been the 1st and then Roger G4OWG, G6CRV, GW0DSP, M3TMX, 2E0RFX after calling for some time no more takers so headed down to the Queen’s and had a good meal and a litton pint.

I would like to thank all chasers and the spotters for a nice day hope the summits were new ones for you as they was for me as an activator hope to do NP-004 in the week may be tomorow if the WX is ok, thank you all again.

Terry G0VWP

In reply to G0VWP:

A great job, well done Terry and thanks for the contacts from both summits, looking forward to your fotos.

73 Mike

In reply to G0VWP:
Job well done Terry.
Thanks for points.
Looking forward to photos and NP-004.
No activations from me this week car seriously poorly :frowning:

Roger G4OWG