Activation Report DM/BW-854 Höchsten

For such summits, Once I have validated them, I have been adding a comment on the Summits page of these being summits that provide “access for those with mobility difficulties” - here is an example:

http://www.sota.org.uk/Article/DL/AM-001/19615

I believe this is a positive way of looking at “easy access” summits rather than being negative about them.

73 Ed.

Dear All

I will activate Hochsten tomorrow morning (Wednesday 30 May) at around 0500z-0645z and will try the usual 7.033 CW & 7 MHz SSB and then 10.119 MHz. I doubt 14 MHz will be open then / and I will lack much time as I need to return to the hotel for my breakfast.

We checked in this evening at the Friday night SOTA dinner Hotel - Landgasthof Zum Goldenen Kreuz in Pfrungen - first impressions on the welcome here by the proprieter and his wife was superb and the room has everything we need. Shower excellent, and very clean indeed. We are heading down for our main meal soon.

73 Phil

PS Hopefully activation tomorrow in the OE/VB area also as OE/G4OBK/P. I need to study the maps and see what can be done. I will be keeping an eye on the weather forecasts.

Good luck Phil,
I’ll be at breakfast when you’re on your first summit … so won’t be able to chase you.
Have you read my report on two easy summits in OE and HB0 ?

73 Luc

HI Luc

I will look at those. Maybe Liechtenstein is too far for us, we will see.

Great activation of Hochsten today - I still haven’t had my breakfast but I back at the hotel in Pfrungen. The logs are in - 23 QSOs on 40, 30 and 20m bands.

I operated on a seat near the viewing shelter - shaped like a bandstand, which would serve as good cover for any activators going there during the forecasted wet weekend coming up Some pics (with brief captions) taken and hour or so ago from the summit here:

73 de Phil DL/G4OBK/P

2 Likes

Very helpful pics.

Thanks for the ground-wave (I guess) contact this morning Phil.

Good luck with the OE activations - don’t forget to avoid the the Austrian Autobahns unless you have bought a “Vignette” sticker.

73 Ed.

P.S. I guess that message board was set up by the Gasthaus nearby as it lists translations from Schwabische (the local dialect) into “high” German for food and drink items.