Activation F/AB-385 Pointe d'Andey 1877 m

Ski outing to Metallier 3200 m on Saturday April 21. Need to find something easy for SOTA on Sunday. Pointe d’Andey is easy one. We had our ski club security day here in 2005. That included searching of avalance victims, orienteering and building an emergency shelter.

Parking on the Solaison 1500 m. 40 minutes is enough to reach the summit. The peak is actually two peaks 150 meter apart. The SOTA WGS coordinates are for the Vierge. The day is warm and sunny. Set up station and antenna. Try a few stations until Pierre F5UMH replies on 7032 kHz at 0932 UTC. Now the others will hear that I am here. Then DF1BN, F5IUZ, DL4FCK, DL1FU, GM4FAM and PA0HRM. DJ5AA/P gives SOTA DM/HE01. My first s2s chasing QSO? Then PA3CWG and DL2DXA. Move to 10116 kHz. I8KCL gives 229 with QRS CW. I give the REF Devenez…radioamateur brochure to a young person who comes to ask me what I am doing.

On plateau de Solaison there are restaurants for Savoie specialities like tartiflette. Recommended for any random radio tourist coming to this summit.

Radio: FT817ND 2.5 W CW, 3m x 12 m wire loop, T1 ATU

Map: IGN 3430 ET

Photos: http://sral.fi/oh7bf/PnteAndey/ (no photo on antenna or radio)