Activating border summit OK/JC-001 Plechý

Following an old tradition of a yearly trip to our northern borders I will be activating Plechý, OK/JC-001, on Wednesday. This is a summit on the border of OE and OK. I will be operating from the Austrian side of the border. Therefore my call will be OE5EEP/P (and not a CEPT call like OK/OE5xxx).

This type of border activation has caused confusions in the past with frequent requests for my reference and my call. Please log the call that you hear on-air and not what you think my call should be.

Looking forward to a sunny autumn day off

73 Heinz

23 Likes

It is this time of the year again! A group of 5 activators will jointly activate Plechý, OK/JC-001 on Friday, Feb 10. Alerts are posted. I for my part will stay on the Austrian side of the border and my call will be OE5EEP/P.

For the usual pitfalls please see the message above…

Report from last year’s activation: VIDEO: Activation team faces harsh winter conditions on Plechy OK/JC-001 It looks like the weather is better this year!

73 Heinz

6 Likes

Looks like some chases were done with the OK/ cept prefix despite spots and reminder upfront. Please check your logs. We where as Heinz stated on the OE side of the border.

And some pictures upfront to make appetite for the video to come:

Heinz OE5EEP

Hike up

To wind and snow shape views

Cold fingers during CW operation

Franz OE5FSM also operating CW only this time

Sylvia OE5YYN on HF in SSB

Dieter OE5DZL on 2m FM

Group picture

73 de Joe

9 Likes