A new SOTA summit!

The new 2007 MARHOFN reports that Horse Head Moor has been deleted and replaced by Birks Fell, as a result of more accurate surveying.

In reply to M1EYP:
When will it be valid Tom?
Could do it tomorrow :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

My 1st activation of East Cairn Hill took place before it was officially added to the GM/SS list. The management team approved my retrospective activation about a week after it took place. So in theory you should be able to activate it and claim it when it gets on the list. The problem is you have no reference number doing it this way.

I announced my activation on here and that the summit didn’t have a reference and possibly may never get one and was delighted with the number of chasers who were keen to take a chance on working a possible new summit.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
It will have to be G/NP-031 Birks Fell 2001ft

Roger G4OWG

The East Cairn/West Cairn is slightly different. This was an official change in the April 2006 update sheet for the Relative Hills of Britian. It was overlooked due to there not being an Association Manager active in Scotland.

Re Birks Fell, although it has now been announced as a Marilyn by RHB, there has not been an official update sheet yet with this change and several other anticipated ones dealing with grid reference changes and possible name changes. I have asked the question of when/if this is likely to happen to RHB, and will take it from there.

I would suggest holding off for now Roger, while we await the next official update sheet for the Relative Hills of Britain (the reference work from which the UK summit lists are taken), and the subsequent new issue of the English ARM by Alan M1EYO.

In reply to M1EYP:

Birks Fell has now been added to the SOTA Tomtom PoI file at:

http://www.sotabeams.co.uk/cards.htm

Richard

In reply to M1EYP:

For those who haven’t found it yet, the latest MARHOFN news is at Marhofn 171.09

Roger G4OWG