A little horse play

My day started well on Stiperstones WB-003, and it was nice to meet Mike 2E0YYY at the summit already in activator mode. Nice setup, Mike, I picked up a few ideas to try!

Moving over to Longmynd WB-005, I parked up and made the short walk to the trig point.

Returning to the car, I found it surrounded by a group of the ponies that live wild on Longmynd. They were just finishing giving my car a thorough licking! Presumably the salty deposits from winter roads were the attraction. I can’t really blame them, but a slightly muddy car which has then been licked all over by ponies is not a pretty sight! A few deep scratches too, which is more annoying.

It serves me right for not walking up from the bottom of the hill, but beware of ponies to anyone else visiting Longmynd during the winter! It’s the last time I give them an apple core, mutter…

In reply to G4AZS:

My day started well on Stiperstones WB-003, and it was nice to meet
Mike 2E0YYY at the summit already in activator mode. Nice setup, Mike,
I picked up a few ideas to try!

Nice to meet you too Adrian.

BTW, did you spot the deliberate mistake with the collinear? In my haste to get set up, I’d forgotton to attach the groundplanes :-))) Still seemed to work Ok though, LOL.

Moving over to Longmynd WB-005, I parked up and made the short walk to
the trig point.

Looks like the sun had done its job by the afternoon Adrian. Just couldn’t get up the hill in the morning. Well done on activating both summits.

BTW, sorry to hear about the scratches, very annoying!

73 Mike
2E0YYY