A heart for mountains: MG #4 for Manuel, HB9DQM

Dear all

I have in mind that I know Switzerland pretty well: the regions, the people, the culture. And, having served in the Swiss Army Mountain Corps, also the beautiful landscape with the summits of the country. But following the summit book of Manuel, HB9DQM, reveals frequently a good surprise. Unknown summits with funny names in secluded regions, mainly around 3,000 m.a.s.l., that I didn’t know before. SOTLAS helps with pictures of the ascent and tracks through the nowhere. The summits mostly very steep, or at least . . . hm, steep. Stunning views from the top.

Manuel’s hiking and climbing proficiency are top in our SOTA context. I’m imagining from time to time that this must be like seeing the mountains not only with the eyes but also with hands, feet and soul. Or playing an instrument in concert. Or transmitting morse code, hi. Fascination!

A next SOTA Mountain Goat has come today to Manuel’s herd– #4, congrats! And there are still many ideas in his notebook.

One thing remains key, and this is probably the only thing I still can suggest to Manuel: Enjoy!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

29 Likes

Good evening Manuel @HB9DQM :wave:

Congratulations on achieving your fourth mountain goat :beers: :goat: and many thanks for sotl.as :+1: Continue to have fun with the common hobby and see you soon in a QSO.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

3 Likes

Hello Manuel

That really is a fantastic achievement!

Many thanks also for the impressive photos you always take and post. I like to look at them. It’s exactly these kind of pictures that make me want to go to the mountains again and again.

73 Armin

5 Likes

Hello Manuel,

congrats on achieving your 4th gountain goat :champagne: :tada: :balloon:
They can now play Jass together, while you have time to climb your next summits :wink:

Thanks for providing such excellent software as SOTLAS and ham alert and handy little tools, like “my latest SOTA activations” which many of us use on their QRZ-pages.

Enjoy the fun with SOTA. I hope to meet you soon for the next S2S-QSO!

73, Roman

2 Likes

Hello Manual, congratulations for your 4th MG!
And, of course, thanks for SOTL.AS and for the many S2S!
73 Fabio

1 Like

Hallo Manuel,
Gratulation zum Erreichen der 4. Bergziege! Bei dieser Gelegenheit Dank auch für die Entwicklung von Sotlas, das im Sota-Alltag ein äusserst hilfreiches Programm ist. Mit großem Interesse verfolge ich deine hochalpinen Unternehmungen und wie ich dir persönlich schon mitgeteilt habe, wecken sie immer auch Erinnerungen an frühere eigene Unternehmungen, wie beispielsweise in der Bernina oder im Wallis. In diesem Sinne hoffe ich auch weiterhin auf viele Kontakte und wünsche dazu allzeit gutes Gelingen,
Paul DL6FBK

4 Likes

Congratulations Manuel, for each new activation, which will take you to the 5 MG.
Elena and I need three things to do radio in the mountains: Equipment, Antenna and SOTLAS, thank you friend for that excellent job.
We look forward to S2S.
EA4DOS, Elena
EA4DON, Alejandro

2 Likes

Hallo Manuel.
Wünsche Dir alles Gute Weiterhin und noch viele Bergerlebnisse.
73 de Heinrich IW3AGO
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

1 Like

Congratulations, Manuel!
It was great chasing you at HB/GR-374 yesterday on 20m SSB with very good signals.
It’s always a pleasure to contact you on the air, SSB or CW, as well as reading the reports with beautiful pictures after your top-class activations.
Keep up the good work!

Guru

1 Like

Hello Manuel,

Congratulations to your 4th mountain goat!

You’re not only a top mountaineer, but you also support the SOTA and ham community with several very useful tools, that take a lot of time and effort to create.
Thanks to these tools, the activators can spend more valuable time outdoors and the chasers can get notified about interesting summits or calls that are in the air.

Thank you so much, also for the many S2Ss, and most important: enjoy the hobby!

73 Stephan

3 Likes

Congrats!
73 de Martin, DK3IT

1 Like

Hello Manual, congratulations for your 4. MG!, thank you for all you have done for SOTA and all the crazy pictures from your Activations.

73 de ruedi

1 Like

Hi Manuel @HB9DQM

Chapeau bas !!!
Many thanks for your great SOTA job !!!
Thanks a lot for so many S2S QSOs !!!

73 Jarek

1 Like

Dear Markus, dear YLs and OMs,

Thank you very much for the kind words and congratulations! I guess I’m a SOTAholic now, but what a wonderful addiction to have :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Without you all as chasers and S2S partners, it wouldn’t just be anywhere near as fun – it would simply be impossible. Thanks for being there, chasing me on the air, and also for the nice feedback about SOTLAS and the other tools – that’s a lot of motivation for me to keep working on them.

I hope to hear you again soon!

vy 73,

Manuel HB9DQM

16 Likes

GREAT BIG CONGRATS, MANUEL!!
And thanks again for your work on SOTLAS.

73, KEN, K6HPX

1 Like

Hallo Manuel,
auch von mir herzliche Glückwünsche. Ich freue mich schon auf unser nächstes S2S qso. :smiley:
73 Chris

1 Like

Many congrats to your new Goat, Manuel!

73 Jens HB9EKO

1 Like

Hoi Manuel

Auch von uns ganz herzliche Gratulation zur 4.Berggeiss :clap: :clap:
Wir verfolgen Deine Aktivitäten immer mit viel Interesse - vor allem weil wir bisher meistens im Wallis, im Berner Oberland und in den anderen Westschweizer Kantonen unterwegs waren - und wir danken Dir jetzt schon, dass Du so vieles “vor-aktiviert” hast, was z.T. auch für uns sehr interessant sein könnte :grin: :grin: Vielen Dank an der Stelle auch für die unzähligen S2S - wir freuen uns schon auf die nächsten :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

1 Like

Hello Manuel,
Congrats! Your contribution to SOTA is enormous.
Not to forget Soltl.as, which is one of my most used tools upfront and during activations

73 de Klaus

1 Like

Herzliche Gratulation Manuel zur 4. Goat :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: und zu deinen unzähligen aufregenden Gipfelsiegen! :clap: :clap: :muscle: :muscle:

73, Sylvia
OE5YYN

2 Likes