A Dutchman in Wales

The weekend of 30th September thru 2nd October my daughter and I enjoyed a nice stay in North Wales. Staying in Betws Y Coed gave us a good starting point for some summits in Wales. Our first target was Yr Wyddfa, Snowdon, NW-001. We started at Pen-y-pass parking lot and followed the Pyg Track up, arriving at the summit around 1 PM. Made 10 QSO’s with the KX1 and endfed under the gazing eyes of many tourists. The way down was along the Miners Track and we were back at the parking lot at 4 PM. Outstanding weather, blue sky, the Welsh weathergods gave us a beautiful Indian Summerday!
On Saturday we went sightseeing in Harlech and drove the single track road to Cwm Bychan camping in the afternoon. We took the Roman Steps up to Rhinog Fawr, arriving a little bit late, but again the weather was perfect and we enjoyed the stay on the summit. Again 10 QSO’s now from NW-023.
Explorer Maps OL17 and 18 were a big help!
Great weekend in lovely Wales!
Hans, PA0HRM and Marjolein (who took the initiative)

In reply to PA0HRM:
Hi Hans;

Thanks for letting me be one of the ten QSO’s on both summits.
It was a pleasure to work them on HF as that direction is a bad one for me on VHF.

I am glad you enjoyed your visit and I hope you come back and visit us again sometime.

73 de Ken G3XQE