83rd Mt. Ezkaba EA2/NV-119 by EA2IF/P on 18/10/2020

Being so close to the city of Pamplona this is a very convenient SOTA not only for an activation, but also to do some good training with its 400m elevation from the start point at its base in the village of Berrio-zahar.
I carried out today my 83rd SOTA activation of Mt. Ezkaba / San Cristóbal.

This was my setup, the usual 10m long endfed wire to a 9:1 unun and a 6m long elevated counterpoise wire

I found contest traffic on 40m CW, so I remained away of that band/mode.
Started on 30m where I logged 18 QSOs after about 20 minutes QRV.
Then QSYed to 20m CW where I logged 24 QSOs after about 50 minutes QRV.
I was delighted when Andrei @ZL1TM chased me. It was my second QSO with ZL from this summit and he definitely made my day. Thank you Andrei!
This is the full log with 43 QSOs, one of which was S2S with SV2HSZ/P activating SV/MC-049:

You can see it on the map:

The Pyrennees were already wearing their white winter dress, but the poor quality of the picture taken with the camera of my cheap smartphone doesn’t give much testimony of it.

I didn’t have my other smartphone today, as it had run out of battery. Sorry…

Thanks dear chasers for your calls and QSOs.
I’ll be looking forward to copying you all again very soon from a summit.

Guru

3 Likes

Listened for you but could not pull you out on that one.
We try again another day.
72/73
de John Paul // AB4PP

Thanks for trying JP,
The way I installed my endfed sloper today got it beaming predominantly to the East.
I’ll try to setup in inverted L next time, as that should let it behave more omnidirectional with most of the inverted L being vertical.
Best 73,

Guru

Nice one Guru . I shouted you on CW and to be honest I thought it was you who had answered me and so I logged it but looking at your post here I see I’m not on your log so I have deleted from my log…oh well maybe next time. Hope you are well anyway and nice photos, it must be nice when you can see your apartment while you’re activating.
Best 73 mate

Hi Allen,
Shame that we couldn’t make QSO on CW. I hope we’ll soon have the chance. Thanks for trying.
I thought about working 40m SSB, but there were several people in this summit with the sunny Sunday we had today and I also run out of time for that. After I was chased by ZL1TM on 20m CW, I kept CQing for more than 30 minutes in the hope of more very distant chasers.
Hopefully next weekend we’ll make it…

Guru

1 Like