500 Up for CWI

I must have missed this one - it took place over a fortnight ago!

Richard G3CWI broke through the “500 SOTA Activations” barrier, somewhat appropriately on local hill Shining Tor G/SP-004.

I see he celebrated in style with a 4 contact activation! One of those was on 10GHz, it has to be said.

Congratulations.

Tom M1EYP

And now it’s 300 up for CWI.

Richard chalked up his 300th Unique SOTA summit activated on Monday 3rd March 2008, with his successful activation of Cairnpapple Hill GM/SS-254.

As is usual these days, Richard included a 10GHz QSO in his operation, which was otherwise completed on 2m SSB/FM. The 3cm contact was made possible via snow scatter!

Congratulations (again).

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

I spotted that as well Tom - looking at my favourite table on the database.

Many congratulations Richard. Can you remember them all?

73, Gerald

Well done Richard, plugging away at it quietly in the background. Your average speaks volumes. If you are like me, I doubt you’ll remember many of them any more. With the exception of a few ,they may all seem to merge into one another.

73, John YSS.

In reply to G4YSS:

how about the “guiness book of world records”?
my congratulations Richard !

Vy73 es cuagn
Fritz dl4fdm,hb9csa

Well done Richard.

Frank

In reply to M1EYP:

Congratulations Richard, I had your callsign on my scribble pad timed at 08.54 on Monday as I heard you call on S20, called twice but you were coming in at the back of my quad, you were only 7 miles from my QTH ,will catch you next time hi hi
Andy MM0USU

Thanks all. It’s been fun (mostly).

Richard
G3CWI