40Mtrs yesterday/today

Is it just me or has 40m been dead for two days in the mornings? In my case, not a single cw stn heard, on either antenna, yet I hear a few other UK stns replying to cw sota stations. I’m starting to suffer withdrawal symptoms, hi.

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

I know the feeling Mike.
40m has been abysmal for the past few days, with the QRN averaging S5 here on the Yorkshire coast.

I have struggled with most EU stations and most of the 5w FT-817 activators have not been heard.

On the positive side I have managed to work Peter GW3TJE on 40m which is unusual, so maybe skip is quite short.

73 Roy G4SSH

Hi Mike,
I know your feeling. I got it during the last weeks when I did´nt
hear anything of the most SOTA´s from DL and HB9.
Condx are not the best today, but within this “short-skip” I got
DL2DXA and DG0JMB both with 59+. hi
Keep SOTAing es vy73 from Fritz

In reply to G4SSH:

Thanks Roy, I thought it was just me, hi, I’m really struggling with EU for two days where normally even the weak ones get through.
Let’s hope things improve soon.
I did hear Peter TJE on 40cw, but had already wrkd him on 60ssb, so left him to it to give the EU lads a chance.

vy 73 Mike

In reply to DL4FDM:

Hi Fritz, yes it’s bad condx on the longer skip for me again today so can’t hear our EU friends. I did briefly hear Joerg but he QRT’d just as he was getting stronger.
Looking forward to our next sota qso, I will be activating a couple of 1 point summits on 40cw next week, so fingers crossed that cndx improve.

vy 73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

Hi Mike

Well 40m has not been good for along time here in York I try and go onto the RSARS net in a morning but not hard anyone for weeks.
Terry
G0VWP
York

In reply to GW0DSP:
yes i agree i thought it was my long wire for this band, I was taking part in the worked-all-britian cw/data mode contest at the weekend and found it to be rubbish, so i gave up and went walking instead.
Now you have confirmed that 40 meters and 60 metres are rubbish at sometime in the day :frowning:
Steve m0sgb

In reply to GW0DSP:
Nope its not you! Nothing expect long skip from central Essex, worked GB0CWF Dunnet Head at 5 9+ plenty southern Europe heard but nothing closer. Even 20m nothing really heard Oh Hum.
(BTW Essex is a bit hard for working SOTA cos skip)

In reply to G4LDS:
Keep an ear open for my early morning or evening 80m activations from summits in the SE region - they should be easily workable in darkest Essex! I’m keeping an eye on the weather forecast for a possible effort around mid-week.

73 de Les, G3VQO