2nd SOTA Fun Evening

Hello to All

Having just looked at the wx forecast for the UK tomorrow, I think that at the moment it is looking a bit dodgy in many parts of the country for tomorrow evening and I can only say “watch this space”.

If things improve over the next few hours, we can decide amongst ourselves wether to “go for it” or not.

AS ALWAYS, SAFETY FIRST EVERY TIME, ESPECIALLY WITH THUNDER STORMS IMMINENT.

Keep an eye on the Reflector for any updates.

73 Mike GW0DSP

I have just had another look at the weather forecast for tomorrow (Tuesday 12th June) and it looks like it’s worth a shot at it.
There is some rain forecast in parts of Scotland and the South of England with the possibility of a thunder storm in the area of the Wash, most other areas are forecast to be cloudy but dry, fingers crossed.
Last week’s Fun evening is a hard act to follow.

Myself, I am alerting for NW-062 again, same time and modes etc…
18:00–18:30utc 2-fm, then 18:30–19:00utc 2-ssb, then hf-cw/ssb, wx permitting.

Anyone else wishing to participate just alert your activation as normal, but PLEASE check the wx for your area and have the sense to cancel if the wx looks dodgy.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE BE CAREFUL, TAKE NO RISKS!!

Good luck to all.

73 Mike GW0DSP

Yes Mike, the forecast for Wendover Woods G/CE-005 looks grim. I will take a view at the last minute tomorrow…

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to GW0DSP:
I’ll be having it Mike on GW/NW-051.

if wx is ok…

73 Barry M3PXW

In reply to GW0DSP:
not 100% certain but I might be out doing a small summit the SP area, 1 pointer as I need to check on a geocache, look forward to the s2s…

Steve m0sgb

WX looking better… fingers crossed, should be QRV on G/CE-005 from about 1830 UTC on 2m SSB beaming North (ish)

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to GW0DSP:

Looks a non starter for me. Currently in Buxton 1430 local, we have thunderstorms with torrential rain lifting man - hole covers in the road. Looks like ausie rugby league on tv & cider tonight instead.

In reply to G1INK:

Wish you hadn’t mentioned the Rugby and Cider Steve, hi.

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

Well chaps, it looks like 5 summits are already alerted and at least another 2 stations will decide nearer to kick off time.

I look forward to s2s contacts with all stations, don’t forget Ron GW4EVX/P on 70cms, have a look for him and give him a shout.

Can I ask the chasers to do the same magnificent job as last week, of spotting us and informing us of any s2s possibility.

Good luck to all with the contacts and the wx.

I know it’s a pain and in most cases I am telling my granny how to suck eggs but…

Nobody will complain if you cancel at short notice, or QRT without warning.

SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY. INFORM AT LEAST 1 PERSON OF YOUR PLANS OR FILL IN ONE OF RICHARD’S ROUTE CARDS AND, THIS EVENING ESPECIALLY, WATCH THE WX!! NO RISKS

73 hope to catch you on the summits or in the shack.

Mike GW0DSP