2m ssb

Just setting off from Kirkland hall now for cross fell summit.

That was hard work. Just 2 contacts on 2m SSb Dumfries and Durham. 2 more on 2m FM although i did forget to change the beam into vertical polerisation. When packing up called from my handheld and got North Wales! Very wet under foot and some parts were a bit worrying when you stand on moss you sink 6 inches and the ground moves like a wave all around you.

Hi Anthony,I may have missed it but not seen a spot for you,it may have helped you to have a repeat spot put on for 2ssb with the amount of spots on today it may have dropped down the screen fairly quickly.
I have been here all morning and worked gw6wrw/p,mw0yhb/p & g6ggp/p on 2ssb.
Turn you beam to Devon I am about a lot of the time. 73 Don.G0RQL.

Hi Don, I was on GW/MW-001, and I heard you working Carolyn GW6WRW/P, but you were not strong with me - probably because I only had a simple vertical antenna with me. I called CQ a few times, but with 2.5W to a vertical, it was a bit optimistic! Also, with no phone signal, I couldn’t self spot. Sorry I missed you.

I intend to build or acquire horizontal antennas for 2m and 70cm this year, and hope to make a few more contacts.

73 Adrian
G4AZS

Edit: Summit ref corrected! MW-001, not NW-001

Hi Anthony,

Nice to have a QSO with you yesterday on your activation, please persevere with the 2m SSB , I will spot you on here in future.
Thanks to all SOTA operators for your VHF/UHF activity.

Jeremy M0XVF IO94EQ NZ23

Hi Adrian,tnx for the report while you were on MW001,at least you heard me with probably an aerial orientation loss of at least 20db.Look forward to working you on
vhf/uhf. 73 Don.G0RQL.

Hi Don thanks for the reply - you drew my attention to a typo I made in my post! I was on MW-001, not NW-001. Now corrected :wink:

Adrian
G4AZS

Yeah I’ll stick with 2m SSb while the weather is nice. Maybe the bad weather surrounding me was against me. Everyone seemed to say it was raining except the lakes and me were in nice sunshine.

1 Like