2k unique summits

congrats Mike, what a great milestone! Time to open a bottle (or two), isn’t it?

Bernhard DL4CW

Many thanks to everyone for the congrats and kind words.

More importantly, a big thank you to our magnificant Sota activators who made this milestone possible, I hope to be able support your activations for years to come.

Vy 73

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to DL1DVE:

Big congrats Mike !
73 de Geoff G4CPA

Congrats. Glad to have been part of the achievement today.

73 Norby

Many congrats Roy & CW only, makes it an extra special achievement.

Also congrats on your 15,000 chaser points, what a great day for the true gentleman of CW.

vy 73
Mike GW0DSP

Respect, Roy , respect :o)

Peter

In reply to GW0DSP:

Very well done Roy, especially in CW only. I have not given you any of these but think I have listened to over 2000 ways activators have managed your call. Hi!!
Wish I had a call like yours on the briny instead of ones like GQLY when trying to get through to Portishead.

PS Congrats also on 15,000 points.

73,s
David/G4CMQ

In reply to DH8DX:

Thanks Dan, I worked Al DJ5AA/p first to achieve 2000 Unique summits on CW then you were the next QSO to make my Chaser CW score 15,000 (Super Sloth and a half)so double celebrations here today.

Many thanks

73 Roy

In reply to G4CMQ:

Hi David

I know what you mean about GQLY as a ships callsign. The first thing I did when joining a new ship was check out the callsign. If you were lucky it was early in the alphabet so you did not have to wait long in the queue for GKL Tfc b/csts.

The worst callsign I ever sailed with was “MQRZ” MV Fleetbank, on a voyage around the work westwards. Every time sombody called QRZ? on 500 Kcs I jumped thinking it was for me. This was eased somwhat by a wily old Captain who saw that we were approaching the International Date Line late on a Saturday evening, so ordered speed to be reduced so that we crossed early on Sunday morning and so had two Sundays with the crew on time and a half !!

73 Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4CMQ:
Great stuff Roy - very well done on both milestones passed.
73 de Cris
GM4FAM

In reply to GM4FAM:

In reply to G4CMQ:
Great stuff Roy - very well done on both milestones passed.
73 de Cris
GM4FAM

yes, indeed. 2000 is an almost incredible number of summits, I am still going to approach the 500 activator points :slight_smile: Big congrats Roy - always a pleasure to work you!

Bernhard DL4CW

Congrats on both milestones, Roy

73 Heinz, OE5EEP

In reply to G4SSH:
Gratulations Roy for this Milestone.
Hope to hear you next in the pileups.

best 73 de Tom

Hi Roy,

also from me - BIG congrats !!

magnificent achievement ,

hpe cuagn on mny more summits …

vy 73 Klaus DF2GN

In reply to DF2GN:

Many thanks to all for the congratulations and good wishes, which are greatly appreciated.

Special thanks to Al, DJ5AA/p, Dan DH8DX/p, Norby DL/ LX1NO, Lutz DJ3AX/p and Klaus DF2GN/p, the stations who gave me the last few points on the day to push me through the 15,000 chaser and 2000 Uniques milestones.

Not forgetting all the other SOTA activators throughout Europe without who this would not have been possible.

I always look forward to the pleasure of meeting you all on the air.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:

hi Roy

congratulations on both achievements and super spotter also.

73s Alistair gw0vmz