24/24 Full Details

Hello everyone

The full detatails for the 24/24 charity challenge are now on the Summits Knowledge Base and can be accessed from the home page on the link below.

http://www.summitsbase.org.uk/tiki-index.php?page=SummitsBase

Please give the challenge team your full support, both on air and more importantly please sposor one or both of the activators.

This challenge is for a very worthy cause and every penny counts.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Vy 73

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

The full list of alert times for the 24 summits is now available on the 24/24 article on the Summits Knowlwdge Base website. The alert times per summit can be viewed on the link below.

http://www.summitsbase.org.uk/tiki-index.php?page=SummitsBase

Please sponsor and support the team.

Thank You

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
There is still room for one more support team member/chaser.

can they please email Mike GW0DSP at news@summitsbase.org.uk
or me at m3pxw(AT)hotmail.co.uk

I will be designing a special qsl card for anyone who manages to contact either activator on all 24 summits.

73 Barry 2E0PXW

Latest Information: The Group were 2 1/2 Hours later than originally expected starting on GW/SW-041 (I worked them just after 05:30 UTC).

I would therefore expect all other estimated times to be later than shown.

Stewart.

In reply to G0LGS:

The 24 in 24 attempt has been abandoned. The team are very tired and feel it is unsafe to continue. I am sure the full(?) story will be published on the Summits Knowledgebase when they have recovered.

They say it has been a learning experience and I am confident they will do it next time. My sponsorship stands and will be repeated on the next attempt as well. Well done to all involved.

73 John GW4BVE

A valiant attempt I say. I have been out cleaning and polishing two cars today and I am exhausted because of the heat. I say well done chaps I would not have made today in this heat up more than a couple of hills.

In reply to GW4BVE:
Thank you John for the information.
A very humid and energy sapping day so the team did very well, given the conditions.
Well done all,
Frank

Well done guys, sorry you had to call it off, I’m sure you will make it next time.

I’m worn out from the chasing (with 10 of them in the log) and my own activation of just the one (G/WB-009).

Stewart

Well Done Guys

I Was Exhausted just climbing wb-009 especially in that heat

but was nice to meet all the team at WB-009
and therefore with the ammount of summits that were activated especially in the hot conditions - i think that is fantastic :slight_smile: Well Done

Many thanks for all the summit-summits QSO’s and all the new uniques for my chaser log :smiley:

Matt M3WDS

Yes well done Steve & Barry & thank you for the ones I did manage to work you on. I think I just missed two.
However it does make you wonder about previous claims.

73 Graham G4JZF

In reply to G4JZF:

Hello to everyone

On behalf of the 24/24 team can I say a very big thank you to all of you for your wonderful support and sponsorship for yesterday’s attempt, there are far too many special people to mention here.

We have already decided, WE WILL DEFINATELY attempt it again with the same team and hopefully, next time we’ll crack it. We learned a tremendous amount from yesterday’s attempt.

I won’t go into details here because the story of the attempt will be in the next Summits News.

Just a strong word of advice to anyone who fancies attempting this challenge, do your homework, good planning is essential, be prepared for the unknown, most importantly, know your limits and when to say enough is enough.

This is a serious challenge and is NOT for the faint hearted!!

It is without doubt possible to achieve, but ONLY the fittest will stand even a slight chance of completing this challenge.

Mike GW0DSP (on behalf of the 24/24 team)

In reply to GW0DSP:
No doubt the guys tried their hardest, and a commendable attempt from all involved, absolutely outstanding guys my hat of to you all, and a great effort on behalf of charity too !!

Hey Mike, maybe you should have a chat with M0ZZO and DDQ, they did it a while ago and completed it too !! maybe they could shed some light on how you could complete it next time !! :wink:

Again well done all of you on a valiant charge.

Lee
M0LMP

In reply to M0LMP:

Hi Lee,

All will be revealed in the next Summits news about what went wrong.
I can assure you that Steve and Barry wanted to carry on, but a few other factors had crept in and purely in the interests of safety, we made the joint decision to abandon the challenge.
We will do it next time.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Doing SOTA since about 2010 I often find myself looking at the reflector to find info on summits etc! I stumbled across this post and may I just say that after activating all 24 of those summits this must have been an epic undertaking!

Despite not completing the challenge what the team did sounds superb! I wonder if this same challenge will be attempted again? BTW I am not volunteering for the challenge!

Matt 2E0XTL