23cm Re-activation

In reply to MW6BDV:

I’m not sure I understand the problem Barry.

SOTAwatch shows the last activator of Snowdon as you on 30-8-12. Same for the database summits display. If I check your log there are 23cms QSOs shown. 4 of them so you have qualified it on 23cms.

As you acknowledge you’ve had the points and bonus points this year on 25-2-12 you can’t claim anymore. If you want the points to show for this new activation then I think you will have to delete the existing entry and this one. Then enter this new activation and claim 10 pts for that. Then reenter the 25-2-12 activation and claim 3pts for that one. But I haven’t tried it.

Or have missed the point.

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager

In reply to MW6BDV:

I know I’m good but I’m still not getting this Barry! Help a confused old man… which 23cms band list, give me a hint like a URL I can view. Maybe there’s a bug but as I don’t know what you’re looking at I can’t doing anything to help.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Too much malt, Andy! Select 1240 megs on the Activator Results filter bar! He hasn’t come up with zero points. Except he has as MW0IML.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to MW6BDV:

They’re showing the in the number of summits activated. The score wont change because they scored 0 points. As you said at the start, you can only have the points once/year. For those summits you’ve had them so you can’t have more.

There are fixes for this. One is to re-enter them as I explained. You could probably muck about with multiple users as well. There are question such as whether the display with a band filter is displaying the best data. e.g. you filter on 23cms and 2012 and hit view log next to a user and it shows all the summits worked in 2012 whether they had 23cms QSOs or not.

There is a performance issue too. When an activation is entered, it is validated and scored and the score is saved then. When displaying activations the saved score is displayed. Makes the display nice quick when viewing an assoication. I’m not sure how feasible a dynamic score would be. It’s a bit involved and may grind a bit. I don’t know without trying it.

However, the display is doing exactly what it’s meant to do. Whether it’s what is expected is a different matter.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

They’re showing the in the number of summits activated. The score wont
change because they scored 0 points.

Is the problem that he is expecting to see the count of valid activations and the table is only showing valid activations that also scored more than zero points?

Colin G8TMV

In reply to MW6BDV:

You seem to want to have your points twice. You can’t.

In Feb you activated Snowdon and were awarded 10+3 points.

In Aug you activated Snowdon and were award 0+0 points.

The only way you can have points for August is by not having claimed for them in February. When you have claimed for August, you can claim for February and get the bonus points, as explained earlier.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MW6BDV:

The MT DICTATORSHIP are only trying to help, Barry!

When I go to the Activator Roll of Honour, select GW, 2012, 1240 megs and FM or All Modes you come up as number one in a table of three as MW0IML, and clicking on view log shows that your activation of 30th August is entered. All four 23 cm contacts are there in the log.

Since you can activate on any band or combination of bands, the software will select only the first activation of any summit in your log for points, where this activation is outside the winter bonus period the software will permit a subsequent activation within the winter bonus period to count only for the bonus points. No other activations whatever the special conditions will attract points, that is how the software is set up and even if the MT decided (in our infinite wisdom!) to change the way the software is set up, such changes would take a lot of time to accomplish and would not be retroactive.

I assume you activated using MW0IML, if you had activated as MW6BDV I think I am right in saying that you could have set up a separate account under this callsign and do all your 23 cms activations using this call, I can see no other way of achieving what you appear to want, a separate scoring 23 cm account starting from a given date.

I hope this helps.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

I can see no other way of achieving what you appear to
want, a separate scoring 23 cm account starting from a given date.

I don’t think he wants a separate scoring account. I think he wants valid activations (even if they score zero points) to show up in a table of 23cms activations.

I think the base problem, apart from Andys lack of understanding :wink: is that it’s possible to do a valid activation of a summit more than once a year, with the second and subsequent ones scoring zero, but that the database doesn’t count them in the activation league tables.

If, for example, I went back to every summit I’ve activated this year and activated it on 10GHz I’d be a bit upset if I didn’t appear at all in the 10G activation tables.

regards, Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:

As far as I can see, they do show up: his activation log of 30th August shows four 23 cm contacts. All entered contacts are saved and displayed, nothing vanishes. Your hypothetical 10GHz contacts would be there to be looked at even if they don’t attract a score, you would show up in the 10GHz table even if you were bottom with a zero score.

Am I missing something?

Brian G8ADD

In reply to MW6BDV:

Despite having better things to do I have looked at all 75 activations logged for you this year.

There are (as correctly displayed on the honour roll) 14 summits where you have had 23cms QSOs.

However, only 2 of those do you qualify the summit on 23cms, 9-Aug-12 NW-002 and 30-Aug-12 NW-001 where you had 4 QSOs on each. On the other 12 occasions you had 9 activations where you worked 1 station and 3 occasions where you worked 2 stations. Even if you had not worked the summit previously you would not have scored points on a band by band basis for those 12. If we were to score the summits according to the mode and freq filter selected then your score would plummet from 53 to 20.

You seem to be dead sure this is what you want so I shall update the database code in the near future to do this for your benefit. :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MW6BDV:

Most only manage 1 ,2 or three contacts on the more
obscure bands.

Try 10GHz SSB/CW. It’s far better than 23cm with a handy. On a good day you can make 10-20 contacts there.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to MW6BDV:

Hi Barry and Co

I am not one for following the league tables! However I have noticed that when I do an activation I will get say 10 QSOs on 2m SSB, 1 on 4m and 1 on 23cm, lets base this on a 2 point hill. Provided I have at least 4 QSOs, the database gives me the 2 points on every band, so when you filter by band it would show 2 points on 2m, 2 points on 4m and 2 points on 23cm. When it comes to total points of course it is 2 points! I take it this is the norm??

I think I have about 180 points on 23cm, but I have only got the magical 4 23cm contacts about twice! SO clearly as long as you have 1 QSO on 23cm and 3 on a/several other bands then you get the points??

Also Barry don’t give up on 23cm, you will be rewarded with just how satisfying it can be!!

Matt G8XYJ