(Cancelled) 2020 Spring W4 Campout - May 14-1

We have had a great time the last two years at Roan Mountain State Park, but keeping with the original plan we will move the campout location within the W4 SOTA associations this year. My hope is that this will allow a variety of activators and chasers to mingle and explore new summits. This year’s campout will be near Roanoke, VA at the Middle Creek Campground. The campground is conveniently located near Interstate 81, the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a very nice summit on the AT with a trailhead less than two miles from camp. In addition to a lot of popular SOTA summits, there are a large number of rarely and never activated summits in the area. Please post up if you plan on attending and send me a PM if you want to be added to our W4 campouts mailing list.

Dates: Thursday, May 14 through Monday, May 18
Reservations: 540-254-2550

Looking forward to another great get together this year!

73, pat - KI4SVM

I have reserved group campsite 64 and a few others have already reserved sites in the 60-65 range.

Map of Middle Creek Campground

This has been discussed in other forums, but the 2020 Spring Campout is another victim of the COVID-19 outbreak and has been cancelled. If you had previously made reservations at Middle Creek Campground, please call them to receive a refund per their policy or they will be glad to hold your deposit for a future visit. I chose the latter option as I definitely want to get back to that region and activate some of the summits that I was planning for this campout. It is way too early to pick another weekend later in the year, but hopefully we can still have a campout in W4V. We are currently still planning on having our W4G Fall Campout if at all possible, but time will tell.

73, pat - ki4svm